cooling fan issues help

pmsheko

i put new thermastat in the car changed all the senors put new ircm init burbed it real well there is no air pockets ....tested the high speed fan by unplugging the cooling temp senors and the hight speed comes on ....i turn air conditioning on and the ac doesnt work and low fan doesnt come on ...is the fan just bad ? willl high sppeed not comes on unless low speed comes on first ? i checked all the other threads and it doesnt really help what im figureing out ...

Then don't expect the fan to start-up when you start the AC. Do a KOEO test and see if the fan works during that.

I'm having cooling problems to my car runs on the m of norm how can I get my fan. To cut on sooner .. And if I cut on the heat it runs fine

HOW DO I perform that key on engine off test ...sounds simple good u explain it for me plz .. thanks

i got a code 10 from the test rrelays kicked iheard them fan came on during test

test results as follows

koeo test 111

system pass code

no faults detected

during koeo test

koeo code 10

Last edited:
Cooling fans

I had a similar problem wih my nephews 90sc.

After doing the koeo test with a different IRCM I had a 2 clicks as soon as the test was started. and the fan came on.

I noticed that the fans werent coming on until after the L on the coolant gauge.

I changed the coolant temp sensor and now the fan comes on at the halfway mark.

the problem may not be that the fans are coming on at the wrong time the problem may be the gauge or the temp sensor for the gauge.

also another thing I did was change the ECT and that seemed to help.

The problem is that when you change too many parts at once you're not sure which one is the problem.

Fortunately the fan issue seems like a pretty cheap fix even if you replace most of the related parts.

i replaced thermastat 180 temp ...ircm... all the coolent related sensors did all the low and high fan test they came back fine i did koeo test came back fine no codes came up the fan cyceled during the test fine im lost to why the damn fans wont come on during idleing it overheat like hell if i let it maybe a ground o_O ?

1. The stock temp gauge is garbage, and can be all over the map.

2. The low speed fan will come on at 220 with the high speed set to 228.

3. Do not run a 180 tstat without getting a chip and having the fan on temps lowered to match it. The car will run alot hotter if you don't.

Fraser

Back