Having some Issue's

Braff77

Been having some issue with the bird..it's a 92 and a while back I bought a 76mm MAF, it was calibrated for a stock 90. Which I know now has smaller fuel injectors 30lbs vs 32lbs in my 92.. So with out knowing better,and being dumb I threw it on my car and did what the instructions said to do. It ran like ****!! Drove it maybe 8-10 miles tops..Got home and removed the battery cable as I did before and replaced the stock MAF..Now, every once in a while it will hard start which is followed by the smell of fuel, during these times the RPM needle with just stick and not move,even when reeving the engine which is usually followed by a CEL..That comes on and goes off very quickly. So I thought I screwed up the sensor on the Stock MAF.. With the whole fuel to air ratio..Sense that's the one I used On the 76mm MAF..Got a new sensor with the housing, and to make a long story short.to late I know..LOL!! I'm still having those same issue..I've tried to reset it but it doesn't seem to be helping..any help or input would greatly appreciated..Thanks In Advance, Brian

To know for sure though you should read for codes preferably when the CEL is on in case the "fault" is not stored as a hard code.

Just a fact on stock fuel injectors, 89-93's had 30lb and 94-95's had 36lb. What brand maf is it and if it's a C&L what color is the sampling tube on the end?

Just a fact on stock fuel injectors, 89-93's had 30lb and 94-95's had 36lb. What brand maf is it and if it's a C&L what color is the sampling tube on the end?

It is a C&L,and it has a yellowish look to the sampling tube..Here is a PIC of it

Attachments

• DSC00164.JPG
    DSC00164.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
It is a C&L,and it has a yellowish look to the sampling tube..Here is a PIC of it

The gold tube is for 30's. Try spraying an electronics cleaner on the mafs sensor wires, the 2 small filament looking wires that are located on the end of the electronics that bolt into the top of the mafs. They have been known to get dirty and foul up the air metered signals being sent to the computer.

The gold tube is for 30's. Try spraying an electronics cleaner on the mafs sensor wires, the 2 small filament looking wires that are located on the end of the electronics that bolt into the top of the mafs. They have been known to get dirty and foul up the air metered signals being sent to the computer.

Cool,thanks!!..I'll try this out and also take a look at the cam sensor. Just to make sure.:D

I'll let you guys know what I find out..Thanks again..

One other thing..would you guys recommend getting the exhaust done before putting this MAF on?? Or would it that not be an issue??

Last edited:
Update!!

Turns out it was the CAM sensor..$20 part was the problem..Hope all my problems are this cheap!!..LOL!! Thanks to all for the help!! :D

Back