Need clarification on head bolts!!

90turbo1

so why the chevy 2.8 bolts?

or am i mistaken.

i was looking at summit racing and the ford 3.8 is available but its 135$ vs the 85 for the chevy 2.8 ones.

but are they the same as far as performance. it seems that arp is just cashing in on a rare vehicle here if they sell the same bolts for the 2.8 chevy cheaper.

just need some clarification.

thanks

I believe the Chebby bolts are just a fraction longer than the 3.8.I prefer the ARP stud and nut kit on the SC.

I believe the Chebby bolts are just a fraction longer than the 3.8.I prefer the ARP stud and nut kit on the SC.

i think its the other way around.. the sc studs are too long and hit the exhaust manifolds and they need to be cut down.

the chevy ones are a direct fit dont need cutting, and they are cheaper;)

You should use the bolts for the Ford 3.8s.......

ARP suggests to bottom tap all the holes first before installation....

This allows for the studs to get maximum grip on the threads inside the block....

However, people have used the Chevy 2.8 studs with out any problems.....

The shorter length (and cheaper price) :rolleyes: will fit in the block and not interfere with exhaust manifolds....

i think its the other way around.. the sc studs are too long and hit the exhaust manifolds and they need to be cut down.

the chevy ones are a direct fit dont need cutting, and they are cheaper;)

I was referring to Chevy bolts and a preference for ARP studs on SC engine.However,You maybe correct on the studs,but I have never has issues with the ARP studs on an SC.

I have used the Chevy 2.8 studs in 2 different engines now with no problems. The old SC set used to be too long but I think that the issue has been resolved with the SC sets by now. But why pay the extra for the SC set when the 2.8 set works just fine.

I used the SC studs in mine and I only had to shave about an 1/8" off the corner of 2 of the exhaust flanges on the pax side... otherwise, no prob at all.

Fraser

I have the head studs from Super Coupe Performance and have no problem with clearance.

Back