1989 SC Questions

ben2go

I found a wrecked 89 SC.Do they come from the factory with 8.8 rear and the fat axles?I can't view the car until I go to pick it up.It's locked up in a garage.I'm buying this car for the engine,trans,and complete rear end.I will be parting it out after I do the drive train swap into my car.

I found a wrecked 89 SC.Do they come from the factory with 8.8 rear and the fat axles?I can't view the car until I go to pick it up.It's locked up in a garage.I'm buying this car for the engine,trans,and complete rear end.I will be parting it out after I do the drive train swap into my car.

Yes, 8.8 rear with either 2.73 (manual trans) or 3.27 (auto trans) gear ratio. The manual trans cars had the fat shaft.

Best of luck with your swap. Any good parts that you do not need should be made available to other SC owners before scrapping. I am sure someone could use them.

Randall

Post pictures of the interior when you get it....

Sure thang.Asking price is $5000. Just kidding.I'll post it up if it's in salvageable condition or better.I may use the dash in my car if it's not cracked all to heck like mine.I like the 89 seats, but I prefer my current power seats, since I share the vehicle with my G/F.

Last edited:
Yes, 8.8 rear with either 2.73 (manual trans) or 3.27 (auto trans) gear ratio. The manual trans cars had the fat shaft.

Best of luck with your swap. Any good parts that you do not need should be made available to other SC owners before scrapping. I am sure someone could use them.

Randall

Yep,she got the good ole pain in the bumper M5R2 tranny and I look forward to doing that swap and the complete rear.I'll clean and up grade everything as it goes back together.

Thanks.I need some luck.I've done quite a few swaps but nothing envolving this much wiring.Mostly old jeeps,classics and muscle cars.

Always put parts up for grabs.I hate to scrap anything automotive related.

If the uni body isn't damaged to bad and the K member area is still square.I may put it back in service as a play car.Maybe SCCA.I don't like going straight or in circles.

I do have a 2001 short cab short bed Ranger that could use a little more power.

Darn it!Now I dun got to thinkin. :D

Not sure what the interest is in the "Fat Shaft" since they are no stronger than the normal ones. They were installed in an attempt to lessen wheel hop. The car should have one "Fat Shaft" if it was not already replaced.

Back