Help with 95 tranny

thundrburd

Ok, after about a year or so I cant stand it anymore, I need my baby back, so I am working extra hours to pay for my tranny rebuild, so I am wanting to do it right the first time, however there is a price limit, so what is the best way to get my tranny rebuilt ? what parts should I put in it ? I have someone that can rebuild it that my cousin works for , and he will do it for alot less than anywhere else, but trying to decide if it is possible that I could do it myself, I am ok with car repairs and usually can figure out how to fix something however I dont want to pay for parts twice, so anyone that might be able to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

The cheapest and easiest solution is to have someone who knows how to modify them get a 98+ mustang transmission, swap the internal components to work and use the late model transmission. Parts for the 95 will be around $700, a decent used late transmission will be around $500. Swap will require both transmissions and about $150 in labor. Throw in a better converter and a basic rebuild kit to the transmission, it will handle 400hp with ease and the performance change will be unbelievable. If you were closer I'd say bring me the car and I could show you.
Alan

what would I need to get a 98 + tranny to work ? would I need to do anything with the electrical parts or is it just plug and play ? I have a guy that knows alot about transmittions, but I dont know if he knows anything about modifing them to work on other cars.

Back