PDA

View Full Version : Help with 95 tranny

thundrburd
11-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Ok, after about a year or so I cant stand it anymore, I need my baby back, so I am working extra hours to pay for my tranny rebuild, so I am wanting to do it right the first time, however there is a price limit, so what is the best way to get my tranny rebuilt ? what parts should I put in it ? I have someone that can rebuild it that my cousin works for , and he will do it for alot less than anywhere else, but trying to decide if it is possible that I could do it myself, I am ok with car repairs and usually can figure out how to fix something however I dont want to pay for parts twice, so anyone that might be able to help it would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

Dirtyd0g
11-15-2009, 12:16 AM
The cheapest and easiest solution is to have someone who knows how to modify them get a 98+ mustang transmission, swap the internal components to work and use the late model transmission. Parts for the 95 will be around $700, a decent used late transmission will be around $500. Swap will require both transmissions and about $150 in labor. Throw in a better converter and a basic rebuild kit to the transmission, it will handle 400hp with ease and the performance change will be unbelievable. If you were closer I'd say bring me the car and I could show you.
Alan

thundrburd
11-16-2009, 12:27 AM
what would I need to get a 98 + tranny to work ? would I need to do anything with the electrical parts or is it just plug and play ? I have a guy that knows alot about transmittions, but I dont know if he knows anything about modifing them to work on other cars.