whats the best way to set the timing???

justin

im pretty new to the sc family,. i bought a 90sc and the balancer was broken so i am putting it on tomorrow. the biggest question I have is that if the timing wasnt ever messed with but the cam sensor and harmonic balancer were off do I still have to get it back in time? I am not used to this type of set-up at all??? a step by step process would be very helpful. Thanks guys

as long as you dont remove the stalk which you dont have to anways you can change cam sensors without worrying about timing. and the balancer is keyed

the whole assembly was actually apart. the cam sensor and rod was out of the timing cover and the cover was off the car. This is how i bought it now i am to the point of putting the sensor and everything back in the timing cover. What needs to be done? Any ideas???

thanks david! do you think i need to find tdc? or just install it how the diagram said and go on my way?

thanks david! do you think i need to find tdc? or just install it how the diagram said and go on my way?

Yes, you need to find TDC "0" on the compression stroke, so you can establish where 26 degrees AFTER TDC is on the balancer. Crank must be positioned at 26 degrees AFTER TDC on compression stroke (cylinder #1) before stabbing cam sensor stalk. See this link for pics and info on how to properly locate the timing marks and position the crank when using a BHJ balancer.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/mn12how-to/BHJ/BHJ-install.html

David

Last edited:
Back