headlight conversion 90 to 97

whitebird94

has anyone recently updated there front end? I just got a 90 sc and the front bumper and hood is junk so I fugured i will upgrade bumper to a 94-95 style with 96-97 headlights, I have the header panel lights and hood, and misc headlight wires from 97, do I just splice together the old ones? also does anyone know where I can get a 94/95 bumper cover??? near 55118 MN for less than $100

I just did a conversion about a month ago ..

You'll need to cut the harnesses for the high beam / low beams and run the wires to the new harness .. I usually use one ground for the headlight, and take the other ground to use for the inner marker light - you'll need to run another line for the Inner running lighh also ( Brown wire ) from the wire for the running light lead on the Corner markers.

- Dan

let me know how it turns out, what do you have to do for the headlights, to convert to one for both high and low beams? and what about the lights on the sides of the bumper?

could you send me some pics please? thanks

It is really easy. The corner lamps dont need to be wired and the center lights can be tapped to the corner lights or dont use them at all. The headlights you will have 4 wires, a set of two. You will take the positive lead from each set to tap to the harness you grabbed from the junk yard. And all of the black ground wires can be tapped together.

Ill try to document the wire colors but dont hold me too it, I will have my hands full this weekend I need to get this car on the road so i have a decent MPG friendly vehicle to commute to work.

The wiring colors are the same on the earlier cars so thats makes things easier . Red is low beam positive and green is high beam positive. Use either black wire to for ground. I did not hook up the center lamps. Ill wire them later.

Everyting is straight forward you will see how things are once you dig into it.

Back