Whipple and Kenne Bell superchargers on Ebay

I don't think I would bother with these... I'm not sure what size that first (newer generation) blower is, but the second link looks like a Kenne Bell repackaged Autorotor part# OA3133, a 1.33L twin screw which is no longer serviced by either Whipple or KB. I bought that same exact kit a while back thinking that it would be the 1.7 or 1.5L, but then found out that the Chevy 5.7 kits used a low boost 1.33L blower.

my buddy has one from his mustang, would sell it for $400-500. 2.1 L
I'd use it myself for the subaru project but not sure if kenne bell's have a shorter or almost nose nose drives available to buy....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 484
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 465
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 457
turned up with yet another one too, this shop has all the goodies:rolleyes:
probably a bit more $ for this polished one

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 433
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 416
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 422
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 425
Just to give you a heads up, that black blower is not a 2.1. Maybe a 1.5, 1.7 or a 2.2, but definitely not the new generation 2.1 big bore. The giveaway is the vented snout and the plugs on the sides of the front gear drive cover. The new blowers have a revised front cover which is smooth on the sides and incorporates "cooling pods" which look like gear pockets, the new blowers also vent through a hole in the pulley bolt.

EDIT: after looking a little closer at the picture of the black blower, it looks identical to the 1.33L blower that I had, just look at the zerk fittings over the rear bearings. The polished blower seems to be something between that old style and todays big-bore blowers.

Last edited:
the polished one was to fit on ford escape,
the black one is for 96 -98 4.6 DOHC COBAR motors NOT 4.6 OHC GT motors
thats all i know for the moment, figured it wouldn't be the newest KB's after sitting around a few years

Back