Installing Harmonic balancer. Just a question

90turbo1

so I was installing my harmonic balancer on my short block yesterday. Its a stock unit for now just cant swing for the BHJ right now but in a few months maybee.

but anyway. i used an installer to push the balancer onthe crank till it stopped. but upon inspection the balancer is not flush with the crank where the washer goes. is this normal? what i mean is that when you look at the area where the washer and bolt goes, the crank snout does not come out all the way to be flush with the washer.

the water pump pulley does seem to align up with the harmonic balancer when I put the bottom pulley on so I think its coorect. just wanted to ask before I torque the nut down

anyone?

i dont wana tighten the balancer bolt down if its not going on all way for some reason.

i always double check the balancer by examining the crankshaft position sensor, if the vane plate on the back of the balancer is in the crank sensor then you know all is well.

thanks, all looks good, I forgot about the crank sensor. its tough working on a short block and a motor that was taken apart by someone else.

thanks again.

Back