low psi? will a 94 supercharger bolt right on a 90 engine or are they different?

whitebird94

I think my supercharger may be toast, when I rev it it does not move the needle much, only goes to like 5psi boost, shouldnt the needle move to like past 10-15? ~~~? any way im think about tossin on a supercharger from a 94-95model, will it fit? or can this be a minor problem? belt looks fairly new on it. HELP!!!:confused:

you arent going to get much PSI if you sit there and rev the engine. are you having any driveablilty issues with it? do you have good boost, roughly 10-12psi at WOT while driving? to answer your question, a 94-95 blower is a direct replacement for the 89-93 blowers.

i wouldnt judge how good your supercharger is by revving the engine in neutral.

go take it on a drive and do a nice wide open run in 3rd gear and see how much boost you make. should make around 10psi on a stock sc.

when swapping to a 94-95 blower you will also need the inlet plenum to mate to the blower. the early model has an oval inlet and the late model's had a rectangular inlet.

DO A SEARCH !! theres tons of info about the swap

^ i agree, thats why i asked if there were driveablity issues. also, i forgot about the inlet. i just made the assumption it would be with it. form what ive seen people usually sell the matching inlet with the supercharger. As for the video, not sure. i dont remember my boost gauge going far past 0 when i would just rev it.....but that was some time ago when my SC wasnt a total loss.

It could be a bad boost gauge (we all know how accurate these gauges are :rolleyes:) or a problem with the vacuum line going to the boost gauge.....

Back