PDA

View Full Version : I Love Pending Keith's money....

frdlvr30
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Here you go....free shipping and all. Steal for Motive Gears...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-8-8-10-Bolt-Ring-and-Pinion-4-10-Ratio-Value_W0QQitemZ370226481990QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMoto rs_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item563337cb46

Edit...Ok so the title was supposed to say spending....not pending

nickleman60
11-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Ok so the title was supposed to say spending....not pending

I like spending it too.................:D

I had found these Ford Racing ones also...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390059486765&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Looks like a good deal, I'll keep an eye on it, gotta do my Xmas shopping first..........:rolleyes:

I'm looking for a cheap pair of stock aluminum 16"x7" Mustang rims to mount the M/T slicks on. They're 27" tall so that would probably be a better height tire to run at the track plus they're a full racing slick, hmmmmm...maybe I ought to stick them on the Jegs rims.......:rolleyes:

frdlvr30
11-28-2009, 02:14 PM
You have a Pm....
What I mentioned in the Pm only applies to Ford Motrspost gears not Genuine Ford gears. Huge difference.

nickleman60
11-29-2009, 11:21 AM
What I mentioned in the Pm only applies to Ford Motrspost gears not Genuine Ford gears. Huge difference.

I hear ya, I have a small list of parts I need to buy for a few upgrade/delete projects I plan on doing over the winter, gears are on the list.

frdlvr30
11-29-2009, 04:03 PM
I hear ya, I have a small list of parts I need to buy for a few upgrade/delete projects I plan on doing over the winter, gears are on the list.

We got till late September!!!!

nickleman60
11-29-2009, 04:33 PM
We got till late September!!!!

Yeah, it ought to be interesting at the 2010 Shootout. With Todd shooting for the 10's and me shooting for the low 11's, we might attract a little attention.............................;)

Who needs an AR or Whipple anyway.......:eek:.......I'll get it done with the 'ol MPX and a little juice...........:rolleyes:

frdlvr30
11-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, it ought to be interesting at the 2010 Shootout. With Todd shooting for the 10's and me shooting for the low 11's, we might attract a little attention.............................;)

Who needs an AR or Whipple anyway.......:eek:.......I'll get it done with the 'ol MPX and a little juice...........:rolleyes:

I wonder what it would take to swap that thing to OBD2 so anyone can tune it....I guess Todd would be the one to tell us this. Couldnt be much more than a junk yard harness and a little splicing....Obviously I have worked on OBD1 cars and OBD2 cars, but never made an OBD1 into an OBD2....

nickleman60
11-29-2009, 08:11 PM
I wonder what it would take to swap that thing to OBD2 so anyone can tune it....I guess Todd would be the one to tell us this. Couldnt be much more than a junk yard harness and a little splicing....Obviously I have worked on OBD1 cars and OBD2 cars, but never made an OBD1 into an OBD2....

:eek:......I'm not going that far Dave. The new cam is the last piece of my engine puzzle and with the little bit of info I picked up from DD after the Shootout I hope I can relay it to Ed Clark so that he can get me in the high 300's rwhp on motor. If that happens then I should be in the mid to high 400's with nitrous. Shedding around 150 lbs should help a tiny bit in the e.t. department plus when i take it to the track I'll be removing the passenger seat for another 40-50 lbs.

frdlvr30
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
:eek:......I'm not going that far Dave. The new cam is the last piece of my engine puzzle and with the little bit of info I picked up from DD after the Shootout I hope I can relay it to Ed Clark so that he can get me in the high 300's rwhp on motor. If that happens then I should be in the mid to high 400's with nitrous. Shedding around 150 lbs should help a tiny bit in the e.t. department plus when i take it to the track I'll be removing the passenger seat for another 40-50 lbs.

LOL...Just thinking out loud....

nickleman60
11-30-2009, 10:15 AM
LOL...Just thinking out loud....

I wonder about you sometimes.........:rolleyes:

David Neibert
11-30-2009, 06:09 PM

Your attracting attention already...looks like I better step it up a couple notches if I want to hang with you guys.

David

PS: AR/Whipple on the juice is even better.

frdlvr30
11-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Your attracting attention already...looks like I better step it up a couple notches if I want to hang with you guys.

David

Stop playing around with the 1.7L AR and upgrade so you can sell it to us to beat you with!! I know a larger blower is in your future with as much as you have been discussing it on here....C'mon tell the truth...

David Neibert
11-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Stop playing around with the 1.7L AR and upgrade so you can sell it to us to beat you with!! I know a larger blower is in your future with as much as you have been discussing it on here....C'mon tell the truth...

True...there is a larger blower in my future. Exactly what and when, are still to be determined.

David

nickleman60
11-30-2009, 07:20 PM

David

David, you set the mark to beat a while back. I'm not going to beat that but I do want to be "illegal" at a santioned track......I want on my resume' that I was kicked off for running to fast........;)

PS. Tell me something I don't already don't know Mr. 10.68........:D

Roadhawg
11-30-2009, 07:24 PM

David

I plan on returning with a set of CNC big valve heads, electric water pump and a Front mount.

nickleman60
11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
I plan on returning with a set of CNC big valve heads, electric water pump and a Front mount.

I think you forgot a couple of items......big cam and nitrous.......:eek:

Roadhawg
11-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I think you forgot a couple of items......big cam and nitrous.......:eek:

I did forget I had that Nitrous sitting on the shelf. I'm not really sure I want to bottle feed my motor.

frdlvr30
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
I did forget I had that Nitrous sitting on the shelf. I'm not really sure I want to bottle feed my motor.

Not unless you want them asking for your License for 9.99 and faster.....let alone the safety equipment. Big heads and a cam I think it will go 10.50 at around 130mph, easily. Add the bottle to that....huh. You may need me there to protect you from that big dude in the tower in the return lane...
Its too bad you did blow the snout seal on the MPX in practice at the shoot out. You and Chris Vinings dad were running about the same time off the bottle. Mid 11's that is....That would have been fun to see you guys in the bracket finals.....Mustang vs. Super Crown Vic.....

nickleman60
12-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Not unless you want them asking for your License for 9.99 and faster.....let alone the safety equipment. Big heads and a cam I think it will go 10.50 at around 130mph, easily. Add the bottle to that....huh.

Go for it Todd...........if your nads are big enough..............:D

Roadhawg
12-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Not unless you want them asking for your License for 9.99 and faster.....let alone the safety equipment.

Speaking of that I need to install a rollbar this winter too............

frdlvr30
12-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Speaking of that I need to install a rollbar this winter too............

There used to be a shop over off of Robinhood road that did a quality job for fairly cheap. I believe it was like 1,100 for a 8 point....

nickleman60
12-01-2009, 04:31 PM
How much weight would that add to the car?

Roadhawg
12-01-2009, 06:31 PM
How much weight would that add to the car?
I believe an 8-point steel cage weighs about 70lbs.