possible ircm?

qg_pointblank

well shes almost ready to run.... right now im having issues getting fuel to the rail and im thinking that it possibly is the irmc... this is where im at
as soon as you turn the key to on the fan kicks on and continues to run
i am getting 12.+ volts to the impact switch and relay however only 5.5 to the fuel pump and the fuel pump isnt running.... any suggestions are appreciated

any thoughts? i found a ircm from a local salvage company and while waiting for it to come i decided to pull apart the old one to find some of the traces have become delaminated... also while trying to pull codes i got a message "no data found" and my cel didnt come on until i pulled the relay module :confused:....im hopin this is the fix *crossing fingers*

and the saga continues.... put in another ircm guess what i got fuel....for 5 minutes then back to the same old song and dance.... checked most of the wiring and all is well except for one ground wire piggybacking off pin 20 on the ecu( from wiring diagrams i think its the main ground) i am assuming this is part of the previous radio hack job (why o why did they do that)... i also found this ecu is chipped with a Jet performance chip....i guess my big question is where to go from here? i am getting a replacement ircm under warranty... to avoid the possible destruction of another one or the possibility the eec is causing all of this mayhem.... ah yes one other symptom im having is although i have fuel to the rail none was being sprayed by the injectors and im not sure of the crank position sensor but my upshift light doesnt come on until i pull the ircm:confused::confused::confused::confused:
what am i getting myself into? oh but the benefits....
any suggestions at all?

wow you just answered your problem... when you first posted that the fans come on continuously i immediately thought of a corrupted tune.. then you say you have a jet chip... rip that sucker out and fire her on up

wow you just answered your problem... when you first posted that the fans come on continuously i immediately thought of a corrupted tune.. then you say you have a jet chip... rip that sucker out and fire her on up

ill jump on that first thing in the morning..... im gonna look it up now but just for kicks.... the jet module can screw that up that much?

ill jump on that first thing in the morning..... im gonna look it up now but just for kicks.... the jet module can screw that up that much?

Ive seen similar issues when the chip is not fully seated or the EEC is not connected .. it could have came loose.

- Dan

well the car has been sitting for a little over 2 years....i guess the flash could have been corrupted from not being refreshed god i hope this is it im about 1200 in the hole for this thing already (at wholesale cost...ive been a little giving) not including the grand for the car....any insight on this ground wire im trying to avoid pulling the whole dash out to trace it

ok well im back to square one... i pulled the jet module and no fuel.... so as an little experiment i pulled the eec and turned the car to on...guess what the fan is still coming on.... according to the diagram the fan relay is controlled by the eec and with no eec to tell it to turn on i can only assume that the replacement ircm went bad that quickly :(.... i dont know where i should go from here and niether does the other mechanic at my shop any other suggestions?

have you tried jumping the fuel pump directly??

i'd crawl under there and run a wire from the battery to the fuel pump harness

you'll know real quick like if that pump is siezed

have you tried jumping the fuel pump directly??

i'd crawl under there and run a wire from the battery to the fuel pump harness

you'll know real quick like if that pump is siezed

ive replaced the pump and solenoid it turns on when jumping vip connector and all wiring seems to check out im just gonna have to pick up an ecu.... anyone with a working la code ecu i have arp head studs for trade

Last edited:
well ive gotten the problem sorted out.... damn tps wire got caught under the supercharger and shorted it out....doh!
thanks for the help everyone

Back