*spin the engine over with the starter for 15-20 seconds

repeat ** 2 or 3 times

put the plugs back in finger tight

remove the battery

pump the tires up to max rating probably around 44psi

put a box of baking soda on the center console with top open

throw on the car cover

prepare to do the headgaskets soon

reason why i posted this is because i pulled the heads of a very very clean freshly black painted 94 today to change the head gaskets, when i pulled the heads off the cylinder walls are pretty badly pitted and rusted, made me sick to my stomach to see a supercoupe in that condition, hope theres still a chance once we bust out the ball hone

Can you explain why should you pump tire pressure to 44psi and baking soda on the console?

People dont realize that you cant let a car sit as is once the head gaskets let loose.

I basically follow a similiar protocol however I usually ad in a cry or two before doing anything.

Scotch; massive amounts. And a camera so you can share your misery with your friends here as well.

Ira

In all seriousness, I find it funny that most people worry about the water in the oil rusting the crank journals when that is actually the last thing you need to worry about. The most vulnerable part in the whole engine is the cylinder walls.

x2 they're bare from the friction between the rings and thats an optimal situation for oxidation

thus doing described above will minimize that from happening

also.. for those inquiring. the crankcase holds exactly 3 gallons to fill the pan up to the lifter valley... The engine had excessive sludge build up from the previous owner not changing the oil... filled the crankcase with diesel, friday i'll go drain her and hopefully remove most of the funk with it.

Back