key ignition switch on 90 SC

JDC

Hey guys,I switched out the ignition switch on my 90 SC automatic,tried to turn the key switch(cylinder)it won't turn.I did take out the key switch and put it back in.What have I done?????Please help,and as always thanks.I really appreciate all of you for the help on the thread Starting 90SC,and still working on it.Thanks JDC

Did you put the key in the cylinder and turn it to the run position before you took the switch out...

Key ignition on 90 sc

Hey there Big- E yes I did and did not touch the little pin that's on the colum. The one that goes inside the ignition swtich.It's like it's stuck in run position.Thanks for the come back. JDC

key ignition switch on 90SC

Hey guys,well I got the new ignition switch in and I got the key out of the ignition.I then crossed the posts of the solinoid and the lights came on, the starter worked and the engine turned over.After I replaced the solinoid w/a new one nothing came on:no brake lights,no dome light,no hood light,no dash light,this is the 2nd solinoid.I have power at the starter and alternator.NO power at either fuse box.I have not crossed the posts on the new solinoid.Thanks again for all your help,JDC

Back