belt length

I OVER CLOCKED THE TENSIONER roughly 30 degrees. I am going to be running a 10% blower pulley from sc perfromance and the stock jackshaft.
what belt length should i get. i was running a k080390 gates with my 7% pulley not clocked and was shreding belt's and found out my pulley was no good. Hense buying the 10%. I cut my old belt to check belt depth and the slipping problem.The edge's of the 7$% where like knives.The new pulley hasn't showed up yet.So i can't check buy puting on a stock belt.

I OVER CLOCKED THE TENSIONER roughly 30 degrees. I am going to be running a 10% blower pulley from sc perfromance and the stock jackshaft.
what belt length should i get. i was running a k080390 gates with my 7% pulley not clocked and was shreding belt's and found out my pulley was no good. Hense buying the 10%. I cut my old belt to check belt depth and the slipping problem.The edge's of the 7$% where like knives.The new pulley hasn't showed up yet.So i can't check buy puting on a stock belt.

with the tensioner being over clocked you might be fine with the same size belt. wait till the pulley gets in and check it. at worse you might have to go down 1/4 to 1/2 inch smaller belt.

I think that is a 30.1 in belt or so. The right size IMO is 39.0 and that is a dayco belt 5080390. I still ate these with stock tensioner pulleys, AFAIK Dayco is the only one who makes 39.0:mad:.

Back