Finally got her started

Thomas95SC

Well, after about 2 months, got it back together. The previous owner had the motor and tranny rebuilt before I bought it. He didn't do really do a good job putting it back together (alot of stuff not sealed right or not at all). Good thing a machine a shop did the rebuild :). I stripped it down to the shortblock and rebuilt it up. I changed everything that I think could go bad; waterpump, PS pump, alternator, A/C comp, pulleys, belts, hoses, ect.. Finally got to start it today. Started great, pulling good vac, no leaks so far. The drivers side exhuast is leaking pretty good at the collector. Tried tighten on it but its still leaking. Will try to remove and reposition it tomorrow. Had the manifolds ported, maybe made the sealing surface smaller? Also couldn't charge the A/C as there is a leak somewhere (leaks down when I try to hold vacuum). Not sure where the leak is :(. I replaced the drier, liquid line, all the o-rings, and compressor. Guess i'll have to charge it to find the leak and then pull another good vac to properly charge it. Plan on doing the suspension, brakes, paint and interior around spring. Here some pics.

Attachments

• engine 1.jpg
    engine 1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 398
  • engine 2.jpg
    engine 2.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 381
  • engine 3.jpg
    engine 3.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 370
  • engine 4.JPG
    engine 4.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 404
  • engine 5 001.JPG
    engine 5 001.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 429
nice pics ! that thing is clean !

Im glad you didnt have any problems on the first start-up... like most of us do.

Thanks guys.
All that work and single intercooler? Also, that air filter looks too small.

No need for bigger IC as there are no supporting mods. Air filter came with kit from SCP. Haven't put the air box on it yet. Not worried about speed yet. Want to fix the rest of the car first. No sense in going fast when the suspension is shot and the paint is almost gone.

I think it looks great!
Lots of nice detail work there, and that crank/waterpump/alt pulley combo is gorgeous!
I am taking the lazy route-scrub everything and flat black paint:D

Last edited:
Im from nederland

I'm interested in meeting other bird owners in my area

1)James Port Neches,TX

PM me if interested in meeting up

Back