wiper arm placement?

Thomas95SC

I removed my cowl assembly and cant remember how to properly install the wiper arms. There is a long and short one. Which one goes top which side? It looks like there is a slot for a keyway to align on both, is there suppose to be a keyway there?

There is a plastic key that goes in there, but they usually fall out after a while.....

I think the short arm goes on the PS, but you should be able to see the wiper marks on the windshield to verify this....:p

I think the short arm goes on the PS, but you should be able to see the wiper marks on the windshield to verify this....:p

Yes, on the 89's the short arm goes on the passenger side. If you attempted to install the long arm on the passenger side, it would extend past the windshield in the parked position.

Bryan

I had some step keys made out of aluminum, over sized so that its now a press fit (can be pressed in by hand, but don't fall out like the plastic ones).

Without the key can just try an line up the key slots.

JUst flip them over and see, one has letter R for right and another has L for left:eek:

JUst flip them over and see, one has letter R for right and another has L for left:eek:

LOL doh. So the cars left or my left:p. Why didn't they put driver side or pass side? I'm still confused as which one is which. Cant tell by the wiper marks cause I cleaned the windsheild before test driving it :rolleyes:.

LOL doh. So the cars left or my left:p. Why didn't they put driver side or pass side? I'm still confused as which one is which. Cant tell by the wiper marks cause I cleaned the windsheild before test driving it :rolleyes:.

Left for driver and Right for passenger side

Back