Shift light odd starting problem

lee1rbc

I am not sure if someone else has had this problem.

Every once in a while my car will have a no start issue, it will turn over but not start.

What I have noticed is that when I turn the key to the on position sometimes my yellow shift light will not come on.:confused: If I wait about 10 seconds or so it will come on and then I can start the car. Once the shift light comes on it will start every time.

Also I have noticed that my radiator fan also won't come on (14 to 17) jumper mod. After about 10 seconds the shift light and the fan turn on and I am ready to go. Once the car is warmed up I rarely have this issue.

thanks

Sounds like a crank sensor on the way out. Check for the shift light while starting as suggested, if its on change the crank sensor ASAP before it leaves you stranded.

The shift light goes off as soon as I start the car. And it starts every time. Also there is no miss or any driving problems. It's just sometimes when I turn the key to the on position I have to wait 5 to 10 seconds for the shift light to appear, once it appears I can start the car.

Back