supercharger noise

starmantv

im getting a cackling noise , checked fluid and was grey\black changed it and still noise . is the snout what makes the noise or the rotors. i would like to rebuild the snout on the car if thats what it is

Most of the time its the coupler in the snout. They wear over time and give that rattle. Easy fix takes longer to take the supercharger off than to do the actual replacement. Do a search for m90 couplers on the net and you will find the one you need.
Others on here can point you in the right direction as to buying one.

S

Most of the time its the coupler in the snout. They wear over time and give that rattle. Easy fix takes longer to take the supercharger off than to do the actual replacement. Do a search for m90 couplers on the net and you will find the one you need.
Others on here can point you in the right direction as to buying one.

S

You really dont need to take the whole supercharger off the car to remove the front snout. i found it easier when it was bolted to the intake to tighten and torque the bolts. To do one car you will probably have to remove t-stat neck, belts, maybee some wires and such but would be easier than removing the whole supercharger.

True but the bottom most bolt is a Bi*&h to get to for most people thats why I suggested that route. Also alot of people have had issues with the tstat housing sealing back up even after cleaning and remounting it back right. There have been several posts here in the past about the dreaded leaky tstat housing, that why I usually leave it alone unless it has to come off. Pulling a sc only takes me about 10 minutes now and with it off you can inspect everything else, ie coupling hoses,fuel rail, injector wires,clean the tb without removing it from the sc inlet,check the tv cable adjustment, blah blah blah, but to each there own, do it the way that suits you the best.

S

Well you can do a search for m90 coupler on the net or ebay
Code:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=m90+coupler&_sacat=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313&_odkw=m90&_osacat=0
the above is the result of about 2 seconds of searching. A short how to on you tube on how to do it
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSsSctYvOoI
even though it is on a gm its still the same theory.
Dont hold the above as gospel but its just a starting point.
Some of the sellers offer a kit that includes the sc oil with the coupler some dont.

S

Last edited:
Back