PDA

View Full Version : main fuse box

JDC
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey guys,what is this wire??Its hooked up to the ignition coil fuse (F).Why is this wire like this?As some of you know I am trying to figure out my wiring.The one is the red with the green tracer,take a look at the picture.Thanks as always,JDC

micah_jones
12-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey guys,what is this wire??Its hooked up to the ignition coil fuse (F).Why is this wire like this?As some of you know I am trying to figure out my wiring.The one is the red with the green tracer,take a look at the picture.Thanks as always,JDC

Looks like someone wanted a switched power source to me. I could be wrong though. Are there any lights, a cd player or anything that turns on when you turn on your car? Find where the black wire goes, and theres your answer.

nickleman60
12-06-2009, 07:07 PM
That should be the ignition wire that hot when the key is turned on. That's the wire that most people hook their i/c fan to.

JDC
12-07-2009, 07:59 AM
No it does'nt hook up to anything it just makes a "ue"and then attached to its self. I thought at one time I read a thread on sccoa Teck about it.oh well I thought I would see if someone knew before I take it to a shop. Thanksfor the come back guys. JDC

nickleman60
12-07-2009, 08:18 AM
The red wire with the green stripe should be the one that's hot when you turn the key on. The splice was probably used to hook up an accessory item that would turn on when the key was on. Instead of removing it when the accessory item was removed they probably just looped it into itself. Check it with a test light and see if it's hot when the key is on then you'll know.

JDC
12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey there young man thanks for the come back.I have a thread on my 90 SC about the wiring problem I'm having. It's on the 2nd page at the bottom of the page. I can't get a test light to work to work even with the battery hooked up. The only thing that will light up is the starter and the alternator.The lights on the dash do'nt light up nothing else lights up except the starter and alternator.I'm going Tuesday to get a chiltons at the library to look at the wiring diagram maybe I can see what is what.I've looked at other sites and I got to pay for the wiring diagram so.. .Thanks for the come back.JDC ps. I'm learing how to use this computor so thats why the pitcure is'nt so good and I'm learing about this SC. JDC