a pillar pods or guage mounting ideas

90turbo1

like title says. I am in need of a a pillar pod for 2 or three guages (oil pressure, boost, a/f ratio) and I need a place to put them or some ideas.

i am removing the stock cd player but thats too low to notice if one is out of wack. i would like to get them somewhat in line of sight.

let me know or show me some of your installs

thanks

Dash on my '90 SC. Used a two inch hole saw.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Attachments

• gauges 2.jpg
    gauges 2.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 214
Dash on my '90 SC. Used a two inch hole saw.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

I assume that your car either doesn't have automatic climate control, or you just went ahead and put the far right-hand gauge in the location where the cabing temperature sensor is located.

Looks good though.

I assume that your car either doesn't have automatic climate control, or you just went ahead and put the far right-hand gauge in the location where the cabing temperature sensor is located.

Looks good though.

I don't have automatic climate control. There was nothing behind the bezel where I placed the gauges. Would have liked to put them in the stock spots - but wasn't patient enough to figure out how to modify or work around the printed circuit. Did get the vacuum/boost gauge in the stock location.

Also - had an extra dash bezel just in case drilling those holes didn't work out.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

I am just thinking if an a pillar pod will affect the auto seat belts.

dang i like the in dash idea you had but not sure if I wana go that route.

I am just thinking if an a pillar pod will affect the auto seat belts.

dang i like the in dash idea you had but not sure if I wana go that route.
I have a triple gauge pod w/ automatic seat belts and I do not have any issues.

thanks thats what I was looking for. when I did the search feature. the link in another posting was dead or maybee my computer didnt like it. either way thanks

I moved the radio down to where the CD player would go. Found some aluminum (actually a door threshold) at Sears that had grooves that matched those already in the dash in my '89. Painted it with some Ford black interior paint. The plastic angled rings that tilt the gauges towards the driver were from Summit. A small allen head bolt holds each corner.

gauges.jpg

I have a 3 A-pillar pod and with autobelts and no problems. I'd like to figure out a way to put some more gauges in the ash tray slot (I mean secondary storage tray).

Here is a pic of my lo-tek triple pod pillar setup in my 94. They do offer one with "passive restraint" for 93 and older models :cool:.

Attachments

• gauges.jpg
    gauges.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 284
Bump time;

I noticed that Lotek offers the gauge pod in dark blue. Does this match our interiors?

Install new oil pressure, water temp and boost gauge (0-30psi) in the stock location. Installed a AFR gauge to the left and the big red LED is when the snow system comes on

Ken

Attachments

• New AFR gauge.jpg
    New AFR gauge.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 89
Install new oil pressure, water temp and boost gauge (0-30psi) in the stock location. Installed a AFR gauge to the left and the big red LED is when the snow system comes on

Ken

Ken, do you remember if there would have been enough depth to sink the boost gauge behind the factory bezel?

mustang steering column gauge pod

nickleman had put one on and it fit but he has late model sc's and didn't know if it'd fit early models. he later sold it to someone else.

I have a late model so I'm good to go there.

Ken, I second Kurt's question on fitment of the gauges in the stock locations.

Back