what the heck!!...car won't start because of alarm

red Supercoupe

hey guys, my 90 SC first had a problem with the keyless entry with it not working at all. I could not lock my car for fear of not being able to disarm the alarm. Well this morning right before I went to the gym, I did not lock my car, after awhile, I came back to my car and my car would not start. I had to do that screw driver thingy to start my car. I then got my keyless entry fixed and even after inputting my entry code, my car still would not start.
Is there a way to disable the alarm?
Thanks

Is there a way to disable the alarm?

Well, yes, there is, but it may not be your alarm that is the source of your troubles. If you had to jump the starter relay switch with the "screwdriver trick", you may have either a bad starter relay switch, a bad starter solonoid, or maybe even a bad brake switch.
When you turn the key to start, does it make a "one click" sound, "continuous clicking" sound, or flat out nothing?

when the key in the on position, it does not make any sound. Another thing I notcied was that in order to start these cars, the brake has to be de-press. I noticed that the brake lights (back brake lights) do not come on when I de-press the brake. Before any of these happend, the brake lights came one. Even when I turn on my headlights or parking lights, the brake lights still come on.
It does not come on when I try to start the car.
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Hey mitch.. your mailbox was full, or I was going to tell you that the brakelight switch is about a 5min job. Its only the 90 model which has that "feature"... all other years do not require you to stand on the brakes to start the car. At least thats what I've been told here by owners of the 91s, etc..

As far as the alarm, I'll take a look at the schematic later, but I believe you just unplug it.. its in the trunk, on the driverside next to the fuel shut-off. If not, then you should be able to jumper it to bypass it.

Electrical problems can be challenging to track down.

Where EXACTLY is the brake light switch. I am guessing it is aroung the brake pedal??.
I will try the switch and hope that it is the one.
Thanks guys for the help and replies.

guys I have replaced the brake light switch...No Luck. For some reason, the brake lights still does NOT come on when I depress the brake. And now it seems that the brake pedal is harder to depress...It does seem like it has to do something with the brake.
But what now?????
Guys once again I am thankful for your helps.
Thanks!!

If your brake lights aren't working, you have a wiring problem or a blown fuse. First check your fuses in the engine compartment and under the dash. Sorry I don't have a wiring diagram handy for now. Do you have a voltmeter? You're going to need one to track down the problem if its not a fuse.

Ok. But will a blown fuse actually stop my car from starting??
I actually hope that it is a simple blown fuse. I will check the engine compartment and under the dash for blown fuses.
And yes, I do have a voltmeter.
I will let you know what happens.
Also, is there a fuse for the brake light in the engine comparment??
Thanks!!

THANK YOU GUYS!!!
I am so happy. As it turns out, it was a blown fuse.
Fuse # 6 (15 amps) under the dash.
Thanks again for your time and effor guys!!!!!!!

Back