Raaaaggggguuuughh!!! I So Godd@mn Fed Up!

Deep6

Raaaaggggguuuughh!!! I So Fed Up!

I don't get mad OFTEN but I'm BLOWING MY TOP HERE!

GET THIS xxxx THING FIXED ALREADY! I paid my dues for this year, that should be xxxx enough! I shouldn't have to donate and I abhor having to wait a whole godd@mn hour to read 2 or 3 threads!

I'm sick of seeing the "xxxx you/server busy" message every time I want to read something. It really isn't worth coming here any more.

If I could POST pics of me throwing chairs around the room, I would cause I'm raging! But I can't cause the server is busy all the time! :mad:

With the donations toward a business that have been collected so far, you could at least purchase more memory or some xxxx like that. This xxxxxxx thing farts the wrong way and no one can use it for xxxx, it's useless. BAD service from a BAD server with BAD software.

I'm not bagging on Ron or George and the countless hours they put in to keep this bag of xxxx running at no personal compensation to themselves, to help Bill's 'business' grow. I am bagging on the fact that this decision to run Vbulliten on a crappy xxx server was StOOOPID.

Alot of things are pssing me off, a good friend of ours is gone and this is the xxxxxxx Straw that's breaking the camel's back! I (we) don't need this stupid Horse xxxx right now. WORK D@mn you!

Ragguhg! No one here is allowed to voice their opinion and this message will probably get censored. I don't care, this web page is what cements the community togehter and the foundation SUCKS right now. The whole xxxx thing is gonna collapse.

"I'm the captain here" says Billy. As they say, the Captain goes down the with the ship and the rats swim for freedom. I haven't done anything wrong and I'm (we) are relegated to the status of second class citizens. What kind of club is this? I paid! I paid! I paid! I xxxxxxxx PAID! Since I don't know what my money goes to pay for or who uses it to wipe their xxx, then start to get this xxxx fixed now! Take out a loan or something. It's been a month since the "BIG MEETING" at the MN12 nats, and what was discussed, what was agreeed on? HUH?

Nothing, some ads, additional paypal buttons and more annoying server busy messages to get folks to donate. Doesn't my fricken money BUY me a VOTE DAMIT!

Sorry, but if the cement falls apart folks will look for greener pastures. If this prob doesn't clear up soon, I think enrollment for 2003 is going to DROP.

:mad:

You are not alone

I spent a lot of time tring to get thru,at all different times of the day or night. If you really want to get mad look at how many people are logged in when it is hard to get on..It will take a bit of time and a lot of backspacing to do it but just add up the names and the guest ##'s and see just how small of a group can jam up this pile of stuff... Bill E. it is time to step up to the plate and fix this, oh that's right you are too buzy writing me that check you said that I would get at the nats. Lets see that was a month ago now or do you use a different counting system in your world.....Rich.... who is still waiting for my refund for TWO YEARS from Bill E.

Rich,
Per our conversation at the Nats, you stated you would call me to work this issue out. My phone number is 513-697-6501. I'm waiting to hear from you. Please don't accuse me of something the exhaust shop was guilty of. We had this discussion already and I don't appreciate your sarcasm.
Bill Evanoff

I think the reason for the constant jamming up is software related right now. Most server applications have options for how many users are allowed on at one time. The vBulletin software I think has an option of how many users can be on at one time. It's probably set to 20 users max, and the only reason it would be set to that is if the server it's running on is a slow machine with little resources or has a horrid (by horrid I mean less than cable/dsl) connection to the internet.

If the website/forum was run on even just a 700 MHz machine with 256 megs of RAM and a 40 gig hard drive with a Cable modem or DSL connection then there would be no excuse for the problems being experienced. There's also no real excuse for there not being a server that good, considering anyone could build a 1 GHz system for UNDER $1,000.

I don't personally know what the server is, what OS it's running, or what type of connection it has. If it's an old Pentium with a 56k modem, then no wonder it's a pile of crap. Once I get to college I'm probably going to turn an old 200 MHz Dell into a web server using a cable modem connection, and I'm sure it'll work perfectly.

-Chris

here we go again

It is 2:55 p.m. cst and it took five minutes to get on again. At 2:40 pm cst I looked to see how many people were on,just for my own knowledge,"8" thats all,and here we are getting busy again..Lets spend some of that money and fix it already......now it is too busy to even post this,I wonder how long before I will get thru??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????....

This site ain't RePrEzEnTiN...

If the site is running this poorly, it begs the question "how is the club itself run"?

Let's face it, the majoity of the members of this club joined because of the way the web-site was being PROFESSIONALLY operated.

But 'costs' have eaten into billy's profit margin for ezboard too much and now this "in-house" server that was probably dug up on the campus of a computer tech school spit and bubble gummed back together.

At least that is the impression of the server that we all have. And, I"M FRIGGEN SICK OF IT! 8 People shouldn't bog down a server even 20 people shouldn't.

Many members here have offered their help and expertise at no personal gain to themselves. And their Offers fall on deaf ears!
Stooopid, stoopid stoopid.

"Huh, who said that?" says Captain billy.

PERHAPS WE NEED TO SHOUT! Folks want to help so that way they can get back to the community again. They aren't looking to even be compensated. FACE IT, this club is too much for one person to handle, stop being a stubborn, arrogant SNOT, and let us help!!!!!!!!

I may not know much about servers and computers, but many here DO. And apparently the Captain don't know much either, but admitting fault isn't going to cost him face, it's just going to expidite the process of getting this thing fixed right already!

That's what we want and we paid our dues for it. Since you've indirectly responded to certain parts of this thread, The captain might want to fill us in on the "exciting new changes" he's planned for the SCCOA at the MN12 nats?? Hmmm? Anything to say? Is this what we have to do to communicate?

I'm not into all the A$$ licking that internal politics is all about, but I DO get involved when I feel that the fabric of the communities existance is about to be torn apart (again).

So what's it gonna be? A. Stubborn, Arrogant SNOT that is going to run this thing right into the ground, thinking he's totally 100% correct the entire time?

Or B. Concede 'shortcomings' (dare I say it) and accept help from a community that isn't here to "get you", just "make it better for all".......

Deep 6,

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your thoughts and opinions in person over the phone. Please call me at 513-697-6501 asap between 8 am - 6 pm EST. You may also email me at "sccoa@usa.net" and provide me with your phone number and I'll call you to save a long distance call for you.
Bill Evanoff

Bill,

I'm pretty confident when I say most people that visit here are probably fed up. They just don't want to voice their opinions. This site used to run just fine when it was on EZBoard. Then this fancy upgrade just turned it to crap.

I usually am not one to complain about things, but geez, I've just had enough and I don't even like coming here any more. This could have been remedied long ago. There's a reason I rarely post here any more. It's because of stuff like this. I'm not going to waste my time hitting refresh a thousand times just to read something.

I am guaranteed that if I come here, by the time I reach the 3rd thread I read that I get the Server Too Busy crap. Fix it already.

Servers don't cost a lot of money. $7500 for a Compaq Proliant DL380 Dual Processor 1.4GHz, 2 GB RAM, 144 GB usable disk space in a RAID 5 configuration. And that's for all Compaq namebrand components. MUCH cheaper if you want to go all generic.

Here's an idea. Stop paying money to advertise in MM&FF and use that money to fix the damn server. Or contact TCCoA and see if they'll host it. Or someone else. Just fix it!

Dale

P.S. I wonder how many retries it'll take before I can get this message posted.

Edit: It was posted the first time, then 13 retries before I got sent back to the thread list.

Edit2: And it took 62 retries after doing the first Edit. What a joke.

Last edited:
I agree. SHOforum runs VBulletin, sometimes I visit their site and it reads 140 recent visitors and they have no problems with their server. NEVER once have I got the "Server too busy" message there! I visit this site twice daily and its a given I get that stupid ******* message. Not only that but from what I have read the money for the server, software, etc.. was coming out of someone's pocket (Greg I think). They started charging for classified ads just to keep the place up and running.

Dale I also agree with you...

Dale:

It shouldn't take so many re-tries to read a thread. It DOES hardly seem worth it to come here any more, but you and I still do because we enjoy the community.

People are airing their complaints here and it took me 10 mintues of looking at "server busy" messages before I was able to write even this! Not professional appearing at all...

Dale, I consider you to be one of the "original" sccoa'ers. You've been posting here for a while as is myself. So I do take this message seriously.

Captain:

I'd gladly discuss these issues but I'm afraid that I'm beating a dead horse and there are plenty others here who would like to discuss the SAME exact issues. I'm not sure that I could add anything additional to the mix. I'm working two low-paying jobs from 6AM, till about 6pm ish. I'm pretty busy and I don't have time to speak on the phone. The time that I do have is around 8 at night before I go to sleep. I'm posting this message now around 8:15pm. You can e-mail me privately if you want, but any of the information from the MN12 nats that you decided on should be posted here for all to see. If you've listed these changes in C.T. then I have yet to see them since I haven't gotten my C.T. yet....

You see most places work one of two ways, either their customers get alot of lip service, or there are alot of changes without the knowledge of the customers. In this situation we don't see any changes (unless they are worse) and not even lip service!!!! WE are always in the dark and we don't know what the hell is going on. I think this thread has been the thread that you've responded to the most within the past months since we swtiched to vbulliten.

We need to know what is going on and what the hell you're going to do about it and what we can do to help! Folks find it offensive when they offer to help and they don't even get a "pat on the back" reply saying "that's quite all right disgruntled Sccoa member, but you do have to remember, that I am the Captain here and I don't need your help". So the general perception is that no-one cares. $40 a year with a community of a claimed 500 members should care, it's the only way it is going to exist.

Back