PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee or Mississippi Owners?

Raymondo
12-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Are there many of us on here?

XR7Kurt
12-10-2009, 09:40 PM
I think there are about 6 or 7 that I know of in Tennessee, I don't know of any in Mississippi but there must be someone there.:rolleyes:

Drummer
12-31-2009, 05:33 PM
I think there are about 6 or 7 that I know of in Tennessee, I don't know of any in Mississippi but there must be someone there.:rolleyes:
I am in Mississippi

bowez
01-01-2010, 10:09 AM
1 in AR too.

Pablo94SC
01-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Memphis...

Super XR7
01-03-2010, 09:25 AM
East Tennessee here, Karns or Knoxville to be more exact.

Pablo94SC
01-03-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm in Knoxvegas a few times a year now since my brother started UTK. We should grab a drink next time I'm up that way.

Knightwing
01-06-2010, 09:33 AM
South Central TN here (Tullahoma)

Super XR7
01-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm in Knoxvegas a few times a year now since my brother started UTK. We should grab a drink next time I'm up that way.

Sounds good

Mike

Drummer
01-21-2010, 10:40 PM
I am in Horn Lake just 2 minutes south of Memphis.

Pat
01-25-2010, 02:23 AM
Fort Campbell/Clarksville area here

Pablo94SC
01-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Saw a beautiful white early model today that was heading south on Germantown Rd and turned east onto Walnut Grove. Anyone here?

I'd like to get a mini-meet for the midsouth together sometime in the next couple of months.

Raymondo
02-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Hey Drummer, I am on Hernando. And Pablo is just across the border in Memphis....we three need to get together sometime....and anyone else we find.

Raymond

Drummer
02-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Sounds like a plan. Lets do it.

Raymondo
02-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Saw a beautiful white early model today that was heading south on Germantown Rd and turned east onto Walnut Grove. Anyone here?

I'd like to get a mini-meet for the midsouth together sometime in the next couple of months.

Hey Pablo, I think I know that car...student at the UofM...stopped and talked to him over on Highland last Fall. The car belonged to his dad and he's driving it while in college.

Drummer
02-07-2010, 06:21 PM
I met a guy in West Memphis at a parts store that has a SC. The car was black but was originally white, paint coming off. He said he was a member of this site.

Raymondo
02-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Well that's interesting. I have long suspected there are more than just two or three of us in the broader Memphis area. We really need to network.

Pablo94SC
02-15-2010, 02:38 AM
Thanks for that tidbit Ray. I had a guy leave a note on my car outside Black Lodge video (Cooper/Young area) about 5-6 years back who said he owned one of every year. I stupidly threw his number away a couple years back since I was in NY. DOH!

Anyway, I think this new guy Super95 lives in Cordova. Saw his post on your old cobra r for sale thread and pointed him this way. Hopefully he'll reply. It would be awesome for us to all meet up in the near future. Hopefully I'll have my car running by then. :rolleyes:

Edit: We can't forget Bowez and there are a few others in the area as well, I believe.

Tiny
05-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Did ya'll ever get this little mini-meet going? I'm in Oakland, and would love to get together and meet with some other SC'ers. My 95 auto SC, has a knock in the motor, but I can show up with my 2001 auto 4x4 SC. :D

Gohanssj2
05-24-2010, 12:31 AM
hey guys im located in mississippi greenville area

Pablo94SC
05-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Where's Greenville? If it's close to Memphis we're having a little meet on the 5th next month. You should join us.

Quik95SC
05-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I am in the Clarksville, TN, Fort Campbell KY, area as well.

Look forward to seeing some others soon.

Smitty

Raymondo
05-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Greenville, MS is down in the delta...not too far from Memphis..maybe 2.5 hours. Clarksville, TN is a different story...probably 5 hours away. But if you two wanna drive come on! The more the merrier! Gonna be polishing on mine the Friday before! :)

kylekwb
09-22-2010, 11:11 PM
South Central TN here (Tullahoma)
Lol I saw you the other day when me and my girl was goin to the drive in, i was in the silver sc. Im from Cowan TN, and one of my good friends has a black 89' sc 5 speed that needs a motor. I just purchased mine from clarksville, she cleaned up real nice. I got brand new American racing 17's wit pirelli P Zero neros, 5 speed, has exhaust system on it, something is making a little chatter from the transmission but im not gonna worrie about it until it breaks, has leather (front are shot). I didnt think these birds would fly as good as they do or hang a cueb but they do, VERY happy with the performance and handling, brakes have been converted to conventional, thank god, and i only gave $1,700 for the car and have about $1000 worth of parts. :cool:

Pablo94SC
11-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I suggest a fall meet-up, but I have parked the SC for the winter. Too many little things wrong with her right now and I'd rather spend my time doing enjoyable things, like not working on the car. :rolleyes:

Drummer
11-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I suggest a fall meet-up, but I have parked the SC for the winter. Too many little things wrong with her right now and I'd rather spend my time doing enjoyable things, like not working on the car. :rolleyes:
Not fair Paul. Yours is crapped out and mine is running fine. We must do this in synchronization the next time. Jeremy still has no transmission and what he is talking he wants the 3 grand one so that's out. The only thing I need right now is to put these new plug wires on. Doing that tomorrow and NOT looking forward to it. Should have taken your advise and put new ones on when we had it taken apart. Oh F'n well. LOL

Raymondo
11-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Glad to hear you got your's back on the road, Drummer. Paul, hate to hear you haven't solved those nagging probs. I still haven't solved my vibration problem...gonna go back with a stock driveshaft and rebuild the diff. Also, I have a couple nagging oil leaks so I am pulling my engine during the Christmas break, stripping it down all but pistons, crank and cam. Gonna replace all the gaskets, timing chain, oil pump, reworked heads, etc. Outta be in top shape by the time I am finished. A Fall meet would've been nice...maybe a Spring one?

Drummer
11-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Glad to hear you got your's back on the road, Drummer. Paul, hate to hear you haven't solved those nagging probs. I still haven't solved my vibration problem...gonna go back with a stock driveshaft and rebuild the diff. Also, I have a couple nagging oil leaks so I am pulling my engine during the Christmas break, stripping it down all but pistons, crank and cam. Gonna replace all the gaskets, timing chain, oil pump, reworked heads, etc. Outta be in top shape by the time I am finished. A Fall meet would've been nice...maybe a Spring one?
I think Spring might be the best option Raymond. Maybe by then we will at least have 3 to show up. By then, hopefully, I will have mine painted (Viper Red) and she will be showable. I HATE leaks. LOL

Pablo94SC
11-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Spring is probably the best bet. My vibration was the front u-joint on the driveshaft being seized. New DS fixed it, but total cost for all the little things to accompany it ended up being around $1500. Now I have a possible bad water pump and a crank pulley bolt broke inside the balancer that'll need to be taken care of. At that point I said F' it and parked her.

Drummer
11-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Spring is probably the best bet. My vibration was the front u-joint on the driveshaft being seized. New DS fixed it, but total cost for all the little things to accompany it ended up being around $1500. Now I have a possible bad water pump and a crank pulley bolt broke inside the balancer that'll need to be taken care of. At that point I said F' it and parked her.
Sorry to hear that Paul. Now don't give up. You saw how much BS we went through to get mine running and she is alright now. (Knock on wood). Let Jeremy fix it. He would love to I am sure. A whole lot cheaper than anyone else.

Pablo94SC
11-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Sorry to hear that Paul. Now don't give up. You saw how much BS we went through to get mine running and she is alright now. (Knock on wood). Let Jeremy fix it. He would love to I am sure. A whole lot cheaper than anyone else.

I'll be doing the work myself, I just don't want to bother with it right now. Besides, this down time will be good for me and let me think about what I want to do to the car.

Drummer
11-22-2010, 10:57 PM
I like the 5.0 supercharged option. I bought a lottery ticket and if this is "The one" I will do both our cars. :D

Raymondo
12-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Well, I am getting ready to pull my engine and differential. Bounce on down Paul....I'll put your expertise to work! :)

Pablo94SC
12-09-2010, 03:03 AM
I'm not sure you'd want my expertise. LOL But I'd be willing to lend a hand if you have a heated garage and cold beer.

Raymondo
12-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Well not actually heated unless a couple space heaters count. LOL

I should be dropping the engine back in this week. I also pulled the diff and had it rebuilt with 3.08s. We need to meet up for a beer sometime.

cougarfanXR7
01-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Middle TN here. We did an event on TCCoA last year cruising Deals Gap and the Cherohala Skyway. It was one hell of a time! I am not on here often, but XR7Kurt can get you any info you need on it if we decide to do it again.

Pablo94SC
01-15-2011, 12:00 AM
I saw the Deal's Gap cruise, but had to pass.

Ray, give a call or send a text and we'll go grab a beer.

Raymondo
01-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Will do...maybe Monday?

Pablo94SC
01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
Will do...maybe Monday?

I should be able to meet up Monday. Just give me about a 30-45 minute lead time so I can get my butt out of Germantown.