PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for a project SC?

SuperChicken89
12-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Check out this link. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111236 The car is located in Titusville and needs an engine. I have a spare short block but what I lack is time. Besides if I bought another car, let alone another SC, I'd have to live in it:D

Nice car for someone looking for a 92 SC in great shape just needing an engine.

Bryan

Kurt K
12-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Besides if I bought another car, let alone another SC, I'd have to live in it:D

The trick is to "promise" to sell one of the cars when you buy another and then never get around to selling the other car. I really do need to sell a couple of the ones I promised to sell, but haven't yet. I'm up to 3 SC's, 2 XR7's, plus other car. The 2 XR7's are always for sale.

SuperChicken89
12-11-2009, 02:48 PM
The trick is to "promise" to sell one of the cars when you buy another and then never get around to selling the other car. I really do need to sell a couple of the ones I promised to sell, but haven't yet. I'm up to 3 SC's, 2 XR7's, plus other car. The 2 XR7's are always for sale.

Quite honestly, I've run out of garage space. I now need to go verticle rather than horizontal for my vehicle storage. I still store the Cobra at my business appartment in Atlanta:mad:I 'm in the early stages of planning a new much larger garage with a small house attached:D The next garage will be around 1,200 to 1,600 sq feet:)

Bryan

the-big-e
12-11-2009, 03:13 PM
I have plenty of spare engines :rolleyes: but no time or resources to get it up here.....

I was at the P-A-P this morning and there is a nice dash from a 93 bird that would look nice in that SC....:cool:

Kurt K
12-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Quite honestly, I've run out of garage space. I now need to go verticle rather than horizontal for my vehicle storage. I still store the Cobra at my business appartment in Atlanta:mad:I 'm in the early stages of planning a new much larger garage with a small house attached:D The next garage will be around 1,200 to 1,600 sq feet:)

Bryan

I'll admit I'm storing thing at multiple locations even with going verticle. Anyway, 1200 - 1600 sq ft sounds like a great start. Mine is around 900 sq ft. I would have going bigger if it weren't for the easement:mad:

SuperChicken89
12-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I'll admit I'm storing thing at multiple locations even with going verticle. Anyway, 1200 - 1600 sq ft sounds like a great start. Mine is around 900 sq ft. I would have going bigger if it weren't for the easement:mad:

Who is the manufacturer of your lift? I've been looking at them and just haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. I have the two car garage at the house and 1/2 of the 1200 sq ft garage which I share with my brother. I think when we build the new house there will be 1200 sq ft building out back to house my projects along with a 3 car attached garage for her car and 2 of mine. That along with the 600 sq ft garage I now share may be just enough:D

You know it is funny.... when we were planning the present garage it started out as a 900 sq ft building which esclated to 1200 sq ft. We were told no matter how big you are planning the garage to be build it larger! Well it ended up being as large as the present building codes would allow or else it would have been larger. The present building code states the "Out Building" can't exceed the sq ft of the primary residence. The house on the property where the garage is located is just about 1300 sq ft:D

Bryan

Flip
12-11-2009, 06:19 PM
That is really a nice clean SC, the engine is the easy part. Hope someone buys it and gets it back to square one.

I think the best setup is a 2-3 bedroom house with a 10 car garage, with 1 lift bay, one wash/detailing bay, 1 paint room/bay with the other 7 being double stacked. :D

the-big-e
12-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Works for me.....;)

kamakazie_1
12-11-2009, 08:08 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about! :D:D

RJ

Kurt K
12-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Who is the manufacturer of your lift?
My lift is a Pro Park 9 Plus by DirectLift and is found here. (http://www.directlift.com/Four-Post-Lifts-C9.aspx) I went with this one for 2 reasons with the main reason being it was the only lift wide enough for my trailer to fit between the posts (I store my trailer in the back yard and my garage has doors on both ends), and the second reason is that it would lift my F250 Powerstroke 4x4 if needed. I've been very happy with the lift.

My buddy got the 8S at the same time and it has worked well for him.

XR7Kurt
12-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Bryan, you may be able to find a used one cheap at a car dealer going out of business. I could have bought one really cheap last year from Saleen. And my buddy bought his several years ago from Roush when they were moving their shop. Of course that's the tricky part is moving it.:eek:

fivestone
12-26-2009, 11:43 AM
This SC will live again. I was fortunate enough to purchase on EBay from the previous member who did a great job of preserving as much as possible. The car started and I drove it on the trailer when we picked it up. The exhaust was disconnected so we couldn't tell how the engine sounded, but after hooking it up and starting again.... it makes some really bad noise. Joined SCCOA and TCCOA to do the research and decide what to do next. My promise to the previous owner is to drive her back to Titusville when she's done for a visit. I will post progress as often as I can.

Regul8r
12-26-2009, 01:23 PM
This SC will live again. I was fortunate enough to purchase on EBay from the previous member who did a great job of preserving as much as possible. The car started and I drove it on the trailer when we picked it up. The exhaust was disconnected so we couldn't tell how the engine sounded, but after hooking it up and starting again.... it makes some really bad noise. Joined SCCOA and TCCOA to do the research and decide what to do next. My promise to the previous owner is to drive her back to Titusville when she's done for a visit. I will post progress as often as I can.

Congratulations and WELCOME to the board!

I think you need to talk to "the-big-e". He posted earlier he has plenty of engines!

kamakazie_1
12-26-2009, 03:12 PM

Welcome to the group fivestone, you picked it up on the trailer? Are you from Florida or out of stste?

RJ

fivestone
12-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the group fivestone, you picked it up on the trailer? Are you from Florida or out of stste?

RJ

This Bird now lives in Port Charlotte. (Between Sarasota & Ft Myers on the west coast).

kamakazie_1
12-26-2009, 09:32 PM
This Bird now lives in Port Charlotte. (Between Sarasota & Ft Myers on the west coast).

that's great, we love to see new Florida members, Brad is over there in that area also, he's been the Fl Chapter pres for many years..

Welcome and come join us on our get togethers...

RJ