'95 Won't Start

micahd

Hi guys,

My '95 SC won't start this morning. I started it earlier this morning to warm it up and when I went back out after my shower, the car was not running. I tried several times to start it back up and it won't go. I smell fuel and I have a 1/4 tank of gas. Some of you already know that I have had problem with the car "missing" when driving while cold. When the car warmed up, it usually ran fine with the occasional "miss" once in a great while. Any ideas where I should start? The car acts like it's out of fuel and tries to start but I have gas in the tank and I can smell fuel when turning it over. By the way, this car is an automatic.

Thanks

Don't assume you have enough fuel, check fuel pressure at the fuel rail. I have a 90 and I am not familiar with the 95, but check fuel and fire first. Mine would not start and it was the DIS module. Is the upshift light on.. when cranking. Not even sure this applies to this year. On the 90, if the upshift light is on while cranking, you have a bad crank position sensor.

Odd thing but happens.....

My 89 wil occasionally do this and I found that you have to 'reset' the collision sensor for the fuel pump!
Located on the driver's side of the trunk, there is a small rectangular button sticking through the fabric cover. Press it till is 'clicks' and then try to restart the car! Hopefully it's that simple.... (But then we ARE talking an SC here...)
Lance
PS - I found this out AFTER having my car towed to my friendly local repair shop!

I checked the reset on the fuel and it seemed normal. I replaced the spark plugs and I am getting spark. I just bought a fuel pressure gauge and ordered an IAC valve. We'll see.

Fuel pressure with the switch on is 40psi and when it turned over, the pressure went to 43psi.

I just took it to a performance car repair shop so I'll let you guys know what it is. I know some other people are having the same trouble with theirs.

Back