4.2 stroker with Eatom M112

mr.bluestang

Well im a noob to this site so bear with me. I have a 1998 mustang 3.8 v6 that im in the middle of strokin and blowin. The reason im here is to get some input from SC owners and some advise for how to go about my build. If all goes well then i think i'll supercharge my girlfriends thunderbird.

I have already started my build so i will bring everyone up to date with what i have so far.

Eaton M112 from an 04 cobra with 12,000 miles on it.
Billetflow 2.76 pulley.
Cobra throttlebody.
2000 mustang spitport 3.8
Ground seats, valves and tips.
Blueprinted the block.
Rebuilt the oil pump.
Comp Cams custom ground cam. Sorry but the grind # is a secret:D
Comp cams roller lifters.
Comp cams beehive springs and retainers.
Scorpion roller rockers.

I'm far from done but lookin for lookin for input on what some of you are running in your supercoupes. I'm currently lookin for a supercoupe complete engine and a forged 4.2 stroker kit.

Click on the link below for more from the other forum i'm on.

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251522

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

mrbluestang

Last edited:
No such thing as a Forged 4.2 Crank. Unless you plan on spending 2-3k for a Billet one...I'd suggest going with an MPX M90 based blower over the M112. If you have engine internals that can handle it.

Last edited:
There are a few guys who have already done the 112 on top. I have seen the vid of one running. It just stix out of the hood.

Blue, can you find where the guy in post #6 is getting a crank for $150bux?

SWS

Good Luck on your build.
The lack of an intercooler will be your the weak point and will prevent you from building any real power.

For the money that you'll have to pay for a lower manifold ($900) to adapt the m112 you'd be better off buying a Mpx m90 blower case and running a FMIC. But since you're running split port heads you'd have to change to single port to run the Mpx. A friend of mine is running one on his V-6 Mustang and he's well into the 11's and by spring he'll be in the 10's.

Oh yeah, that friend posted right before me, Roadhawg.

Last edited:
As far as the adapter plate and intercooler go, i have it all figures out. I'm doing th split port because of more flow than a singe port. I'm making my own adapter plate to save some cash and i'm building it diffrent than most so i can run a front mount ic. I know i will have hood issues so i will be going with a 4" cowl. Is anyone running a stock 4.2 crank and if so how much hp is it putting out? I did find a company that has them for cheap.

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...050&callout=26&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0

Last edited:
As far as the adapter plate and intercooler go, i have it all figures out. I'm doing th split port because of more flow than a singe port. I'm making my own adapter plate to save some cash and i'm building it diffrent than most so i can run a front mount ic. I know i will have hood issues so i will be going with a 4" cowl. Is anyone running a stock 4.2 crank and if so how much hp is it putting out? I did find a company that has them for cheap.

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...050&callout=26&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0

Lots of the v6 mustang guys and at least one of the SC guys are using the 4.2 cast crank and making over 500 rwhp mainly using centrifical blowers or turbos. I've got one in my latest SC motor and currently making about 425 rwhp with a twin screw.

David

Those cranks have been discontinued for quite some time now.

Has anyone noticed the exhaust ports on the split port heads---:eek:Wow they are tiny, I've got a couple sets I've thrown in the scrap pile because of them......Dan

What I heard on V6power is Ford is no longer supplying them so good luck on finding NOS.

Correct...I went though this a few months ago when tying to buy a spare crank. Chris Wise also needed one when his converter balloned and shoved the crank in his nearly new 4.2 motor forward and destroyed the thrust bearing surface. He ended up getting a reground crank from Autozone and spent a big pile of money to have it rebalanced to the same specs as the original crank.

At the time (early September) Supersix only had a couple Ford cranks left and were supposed to be testing a prototype/sample aftermarket replacment. I'm certian they don't have any of the Ford cranks left, and haven't heard how testing of the aftermarket one turned out.

David

Correct...I went though this a few months ago when tying to buy a spare crank. Chris Wise also needed one when his converter balloned and shoved the crank in his nearly new 4.2 motor forward and destroyed the thrust bearing surface. He ended up getting a reground crank from Autozone and spent a big pile of money to have it rebalanced to the same specs as the original crank.

At the time (early September) Supersix only had a couple Ford cranks left and were supposed to be testing a prototype/sample aftermarket replacment. I'm certian they don't have any of the Ford cranks left, and haven't heard how testing of the aftermarket one turned out.

David

Well i called super six and the guy said that he no longer has ford brand 4.2 cranks but instead he has made in china ones that seem to be just as good. He said he hasn't done any testin really with them but other people havn't complained yet, oh and i think he said the price was around 235ish. So i called the local ford dealer and the guy said that they can get them but there also made in china ones:( but he said there is a $100.00 core charge for the old 4.2 crank but to buy it outright it will cost about $350 and that includes the main bearings. So i wonder if they will take my old 3.8 crank?:rolleyes:

I'd hit the junkyards before I got any Chinese equipment.

Two years ago at work they decided to go with China on some parts and not a single one has been right yet (out of nearly 100,000 items), but yet we can send the same specs/print to our former supplier here in the states and every last item is perfect.

Back