Stock fitting sump fuel tank

Would you be interested in a stock location sump fuel tank?

• Yes, I would be

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yes, BUT (post your comments in the thread)...

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Not at this point in time

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Not interested

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Toms-SC

Hey all,

Just trying to gauge interest in the possibility of getting a sump fuel tank made up for the MN12 platform. I feel we are looking for something that bolts into the stock location, will closely follow the design of the 93+ style tank as to not interfere with the exhaust system, and will accommodate larger fuel pumps such as the A1000.

A couple of us are approaching the limits of a single 255 Walbro pump. One could only assume that the hardcores of this club will continue to push the performance envelop to 600HP so having something bolt in to support that power level would be great.

It is a long shot but I've sent an e-mail to Glenns Performance seeing what would be involved in getting something made up.
http://www.glennsperformance.com/

Merry Christmas

I don't know how well the stock location lends itself to such a tank. I.e. over top of the driveshaft and all. Our cars are also a bit low to the ground with good suspension travel. But if they can figure something out that gets it to fit nice on an SC, even if I loose some trunk space, I'd be in for it.

It wouldn't really need sumped if they could just move the pickup location from the front of the tank to the rear. Would be interesting to see if and what they can come up with.

This has been put on the side lines for a bit. I'm asking around some of my machinist friends to see if we can get a new fuel tank hat produced that can hold 2 Walbro pumps in tank.

Good idea on the hat Tom. Are you going to see if they can still incorporate the stock tank level float also?

Back