question about an up grade of sc & injectors?

BECERRASC

hi every one i would like to know if i can change my fuel injector from my 92 5 speed..... stock and put the following

36's from my 95 and sc ..... without a tune?? or i need a chip?

also i was thinking to add a 5% JS pulley and or the 10% SC pulley ..

should it be okay ....?

& i have 8"inter cooler fan in there already

i have 75 mm tb a cold air intake (not installed) &

& c l 76 mm with a purple tube ...

can any one help me with this ...? on what can i use with a chip or with out a chip ..? thanks in advance ...;)

you'll get mixed reviews, people have swapped injectors with no tune and believe they don't have any issues but thats just not correct

36s are 20% larger than 30s so theoretically you'll be injecting 20% more fuel than needed, now adaptive can remove 25% of fuel but... thats right at the edge of its abilities with the stock tune.

so to answer your question YES you SHOULD get a chip

our ecu's are set for absolute load so it doesn't matter if you run 5# of boost or 250# (exception of exceeding 200% load) the ecu is still going to demand the same afr and spark

whenever you change maf sensors you have to tune for it, those tubes just freak the computer into functioning ok, your just lieing to the computer, think of your car as a wife, yes you can lie to your wife and perhaps get away with it, but in time it will come back to bite you in the ~~~.

in my findings our stock maf transfer is a bit odd, its not linear to actual flow at all. At some points its rich and at others its lean just kinda weird the way henry did it, im sure there was a reason though but it baffles me.

if you had anything but a 92-93 i'd be more than happy to write you a tune and send it your way for free but i don't have the def for the 93s :(

Last edited:
If you want to run the 36's without a chip, then put your stock MAF back on. Your not going to out flow that yet so that is not a concern. When running the car you'll run richer at WOT but not by a huge amount... spark will be unaffected this way.

If you get a chip, then you can run the purple sample tube on the 76mm maf even though that colour is for 42's. Just make sure you tell your tuner about it so the MAF function is setup accordingly.

The only time you need to pay attention to the colour of the sample tube is when running without a chip or maxing out the range of the MAF. The purple tube is more than adequate to support up to about 340rwhp or so when tuned properly.

Ideally, get a chip to match what you have to get the most out of the car, and you can benefit from a few other tweaks that can gain you a bit more.

Fraser

Back