starter interrupt circuit

decipha

with the ignition switch in the crank position my starter won't engage
im thinking my neutral safety switch is faulty but

im getting no spark either, i've determined that the crank sensor or dis module is faulty since my up-shift light does not go off when im cranking by jumping off the solenoid

however, my gut is telling me that the two problems are related. I don't have much knowledge regarding the automatics since out of my 5 birds this is the only automatic i own but those two being a coincidence is just too far-fetched.

so if anyone knows what could interrupt the starter and prevent spark please enlighten me, im pretty sure no one will reply to this thread and by the time they do i'll resolve the issue but until then... :confused:

titanium 91 automatic

Are you sure the car doesn't have some kind of aftermarket alarm system in it? That's the only thing I could think of that would kill the starter AND the spark.

Lack of spark is not related to the starting system. The only OEM start interrupter is anti-theft module and it only stops the relay from engaging. Now if the enigne is not turning over at all then either the relay or solenoid is bad.

Ignition Switch??
Or have you checked that one?? :)

You can try jumping the Red w/Green Igintion circuit and then try jumping the solenoid.. in theory it should start then if there is no other problems

no car alarm

anti theft module could be a possibility, i'll try hooking the battery and unlocking the door with the key.. no keypad

i dont think its the ignition switch because i can hear a relay clicking when going to crank position, and when turned to the on position my ecu and abs powers up so that pretty much eliminates that

im going to go out and try a few things right now i'll post back with my findings... wish me luck

wish me luck

Good luck...

If the `alarm' light doesn't blink? when you open the door, the car has no alarm..

I think there is a connector near/on the on `dash' connector on the drivers side that's a 4 positions connector that does have the starter Circuit in it.. so you can check that too..

I'm glad to announce that i got one of the issues sorted out

sure enough the damn solenoid next to the battery was bad
i figured it was good since i heard it clicking but it wasn't
i should have known since jumping it would engage the starter
and i heard it clicking when i turned the key :eek:

and im thinking that the crank sensor is causing the ignition problem
no biggie tomorrow i'll change the sensor and while im at it i'll yank
the balancer and slip on a bhj :)

also just for the hell of it i pulled codes got back a 111 = system pass

just for a little background on the car... its been sitting for 4-5 years, :eek: the previous owner overheated it and blew the heads/gaskets
i bought it about a year ago but haven't had a chance to tinker with it because of my many other projects thats been occupying my time. I'm glad shes fixed though cuz every time i walk past her I feel bad for neglecting her for soo long :mad:

shes in excellent shape, the previous owner cared for her exceptionally well and it shows this beaut is so gorgeous i refuse to do any mods to her

other than the mls gaskets arp head studs bhj balancer and tune :D
but thats just for reliability purposes
i also put in some stronger valve springs to keep her running cooler :cool:

oh and later down the line i may swap trans with a fully built aod with a shift kit and all but again just for reliability. Maybe a stall 10% OD and trans cooler

oh yeah, weld up the silencer ports and slap on an intercooler fan ;)

Back