Vacuum question

SuperDad

Could a vacuum leak cause major problems? My fan selector on the dashboard is stuck on defrost, fan speed works OK, I just can't get it to move off of defrost. After checking other posts, I believe that's a vac leak. Now, my temp guage is acting squirly, fluctuating up & down, the car is running really rough & my lights flicker at idle. Could they all be related?Thanks

any vac leaks at all will make the car run poorly.
Most will tell you to use carb cleaner to find them all.

paul

the vac line for the hvac controls comes into the engine bay with the a/c lines on the firewall, you'll see it, its a little 1/8" hard platic vac line, it should be connected to a rubber hose that ties into a tee about center of the cowl panels

the headlights and temp gauge sounds like a ground problem

run a 4gauge wire from the ground on the battery post to the trans bellhousing.

the vac line for the hvac controls comes into the engine bay with the a/c lines on the firewall, you'll see it, its a little 1/8" hard platic vac line, it should be connected to a rubber hose that ties into a tee about center of the cowl panels

the headlights and temp gauge sounds like a ground problem

run a 4gauge wire from the ground on the battery post to the trans bellhousing.

Does it matter if I run a seperate 4 guage wire & not disconnect my neg batt term? I don't think so.:rolleyes: Is this a test of my Neg cable, then I think I would have to disconnect.

Back