gas tanks

Tom Mack

I have an 89 SC. Can I install a 94 T-bird tank with no problems? Will everything bolt right up? Are the tank straps & fuel lines in the same locations? Is the 94 floor pan the same as the 89? I want to be able to use the later model exhaust systems as there are more options available. I hope someone has done this and can give me some answers. What size fuel pump was standard in these cars & is the 190 GPH pump the best option or will the 155 GPH pump do?

92 up tanks need the 92 up strap, 94s came with around 155liter pumps???, pre 94s with 110, buy a 190L or stick with the stock 94/95 pump/sending unit if it has low kms.

per the FAQ off the home page, the 89-93 had a 108 lph and the 94-95 had a 128 lph. While you do what a big enought pump for what every you will be doing, one thing I think should be thought about is the extra gas that is pumped by a bigger pump, if not used has to go back to the tank, thus making it possibllily a hotter temp, and to get the most out of it,you want cooler gas. Now how much hotter, well with already lava temp that are underhood, more then likely not much

Back