C&L Calibration tubes

91BLOWNBIRD

are these interchangeable between 76mm and 80mm?

I have 60lb injectors with a 76mm and green tube...

If I get an 80mm can I use the green 76mm tube in it?

it's not meant to be used like this - you cannot swap them

the air passing through the green tube at 76mm cools the hot wire sensor (MAF Sensor) at a rate that the computer understands as a signal - we'll simplify it to be a number like 76...
putting your green tube in your 80 will allow it to run and all but the computer doesn't read a number like 80 it reads a number like 70 - because an 80mm MAF body will allow more air into it - but your green tube is letting a specific amount of air through its bore calibrated to a 76 mm bore - which means the computer will run the car leaner than it should...

Yes you can use it, you'll just need to redial in your maf transfer in your tune to make sure your AFR is right.

When the car is being tuned properly, then the sample tube becomes the flow range calibration of the MAF and really has nothing to do with injector size etc, because injector size is specified else where in the tune.

For instance, because I tune my own car, I'm running 60# injectors but I am still using a purple sample tube in my 76mm MAF because I have not exceeded the flow range the purple tube gives me even though I am up there at around 4.5 volts. Once I get close to 4.7 then its time for me to go to the next sample tube size, which will increase the range of the MAF so to speak, but at the cost of losing some bottom resolution for tuning in part throttle and idle.

Fraser

C&L lists the green tube as the same calibration in both the 76 and 80mm MAF's. There is some difference in the resulting curve but it's minimal. Either one require tuning because both are approximately 60lb calibrations.

why not just fork over the $35 bucks to fraser ^^
get your self a 1/4 pony and a wideband and have at it

your looking $485 and you can do anything you want with it

sampling tubes are bogus, they just lie to the ecu

think of your car as your wife, yeah you can probably lie to her and get away
with it for a while but eventually she'll realize something isin't right and your not gonna be happy when she wants to break up, costs alot of money in both scenarios

well for starters I have no idea what a 1/4 pony is...I have a wideband guage and a SCT chip...Dave said he would tune it for me when I am ready.

Back