need some advice

kneedragger25

I need some advice. this is my deal a costomer brang in a steering knuckle so we can press out the bearing well I ended up breaking the caliper bracket didn't notice it had a clip holding the bearing in. so this was a friday. at the time the customer was fine he knew stuff happens so the next day me and the service manager located another at a wrecking yard for a cheap price. so the next day i go get it once back at the shop we noticed the thing was cracked so I go back to get another but they were closed. so sunday they were closed so I wait till monday. in the mean time the custmer keeps calling and wants to call our head office and wants a rental car paid by us. the plan was I buy the part and don't get ritten up so I buy it. once I came in today they told me the custumer already talked to our district manager he said get the part from the dealer and we will pay him back. so he calls later today and said the dealer doesn't have it so we told him the one I got is still here. so now they wanna give me the money back and write me up. to make things worse I had a come back today a caliper bolt fell of and jammed the tire so now the store manager won't even let me touch the car to fix it and called human resource on me. the shop is pepboys now I feel like and am being watched all the time and I feel like any mistake I do I will be fired. I do feel comfortable or safe with any car I do. I'm only human and mistakes happen. but what should I do about the store manager? my service manager told me to report him to human resorce cause he is making my job a hostile environment. any advice

I'd been in a situation where new management did not like me, harassed me, and fired me.(3 others too).
It did not matter how well I did the job, new supervisor had personal issues for some reason.:rolleyes::confused:

Document EVERYTHING.

Dates, names, insignificant stuff like that will become important when you go to get unemployment and there is a hearing.
If they want to fire you, they will, and they probably won't even tell you why.
That's a good thing, it can be used against them later.
Just do what you do be on time and don't get pinched for anything.
Good Luck!

I need some advice. this is my deal a costomer brang in a steering knuckle so we can press out the bearing well I ended up breaking the caliper bracket didn't notice it had a clip holding the bearing in. so this was a friday. at the time the customer was fine he knew stuff happens so the next day me and the service manager located another at a wrecking yard for a cheap price. so the next day i go get it once back at the shop we noticed the thing was cracked so I go back to get another but they were closed. so sunday they were closed so I wait till monday. in the mean time the custmer keeps calling and wants to call our head office and wants a rental car paid by us. the plan was I buy the part and don't get ritten up so I buy it. once I came in today they told me the custumer already talked to our district manager he said get the part from the dealer and we will pay him back. so he calls later today and said the dealer doesn't have it so we told him the one I got is still here. so now they wanna give me the money back and write me up. to make things worse I had a come back today a caliper bolt fell of and jammed the tire so now the store manager won't even let me touch the car to fix it and called human resource on me. the shop is pepboys now I feel like and am being watched all the time and I feel like any mistake I do I will be fired. I do feel comfortable or safe with any car I do. I'm only human and mistakes happen. but what should I do about the store manager? my service manager told me to report him to human resorce cause he is making my job a hostile environment. any advice

It's sucks to be in your position, but here's the deal.

Two screw-up's like that in such a short period of time should cause the store manager to be concerned. If the company did nothing and you make another mistake next week that causes someone to be injured or worse, the company would be in a very bad situation. They would likely be deemed negligent for failing to take corrective action to protect the customers, and most liability insurance policies will not cover the company when they get sued if they were negligent.

I know mistakes happen, but they should be few and far between. I also think it's BS that they allowed you to buy a used part out of your own pocket to avoid being written up. I'm thinking someone in the company recognized how stupid it was and is trying to correct their mistake.

About the only thing you can do is be extra careful about the work you are doing to avoid anymore mistakes for a while. Complaining about a hostile work enviornment will do nothing but get you in more hot water with the manager.

David

Yeah but the year I have been their these are my only mistakes, So all this drama seems a bit much. I have the least come back in the shop and this is how this is being dealt with. I dont know, I know once its done they will leave me alone but this week sucked. but my service manager did say file a complaint at the moment he is singling me out for all sorts of crap he is even claiming i stole stuff.

If he is blaming you for things you didn't do just because you an easy target right now then send in a complaint. Otherwise ignore him when he is not talking to you and do your job. You need not have to bother with him if he is not talking to you. Good Luck.

Back