Split fire ingnition wires? Any good?

90turbo1

I just purchased a set of splitfire wires for my sc from spinning wheels and was wondering if anyone else uses them here. it says they only had 2 sets left and I got one.

just wondering.

thanks

stay away..Taylor makes a good set as does Accell extreme.

You can also but a 5.0 mustang universal set, clip your ends from your old wires where it goes into the coil pack and create a nice custom lenght NUMBERED wire set that looks like it came straight from Ford'

Ive done all of the above and been happy. Heard bad things about splitfires though...the wires

I just purchased a set of splitfire wires for my sc from spinning wheels and was wondering if anyone else uses them here. it says they only had 2 sets left and I got one.

just wondering.

thanks

Asking if they are any good after you bought them doesn't make much sense :confused:

David

NO Doesnt make much sense, but considering that i can not locate ford replacements and the car had some cheap napa wires on it when I removed the motor, the 59 bucks for them didnt seem that bad.

i was just wondering who else has them and if they had problems with them

NO Doesnt make much sense, but considering that i can not locate ford replacements and the car had some cheap napa wires on it when I removed the motor, the 59 bucks for them didnt seem that bad.

i was just wondering who else has them and if they had problems with them

Don't know anyone using the wires you bought. I like the Taylor wires...very durable at a reasonable price. The number listed below is the direct replacement part number from Summit (red). They are also avalible in blue.

#TAY-74269 red w/135 degree boot 8MM spiro pro direct replacment.

David

...can not locate ford replacements...

Here's what I bought a couple of years ago when I did the head gaskets on an 89 that I used to have:

Motorcraft WR4101

I ordered them from PartsAmerica. They were $51.88 for the set, and look stock (except no cylinder number printing on the wire jackets).

JD

I don't do it for fireing order but when they come off, when numbered makes it a whole lot faster putting them back on.

Back