spark plug wires

intercooled89xr

what wires should get for my 89 sc i know about the real good wires but a little to much right now so what other wires are out there that are good? thanks for your help

OK, this is an odd story but there is an answer at the end. When I first bought my '89 back in '94, I put Bosch platinum plugs and cheap wires from Pep Boys in- still runs like a champ(well, a champ with 245K on the odometer). Well, in '98, when I bought my '95, I did the same thing- ran like ****. Pulled the plugs and they had all kinds of oil fouling. Changed them and it ran fine for a couple of months then started stumbling again. Took it to 3 different shops in the course of 4 years, same problem plugs lasted 5 or 6 months at most then got oiled up again. Well, 6 months ago, I changed the wires to factory wires from Ford and swapped the plugs to, in hopes it would run good while I traded it- it runs like a dream now with no problems. Go figure...I say go with factory wires. Sorry for the story......LOL

MotorCraft

Hello. The Ford brand wires are usually very good, they are sold under the name 'Motorcraft'. You should be able to find them whereever wires are sold, most autoparts stores. Also, only buy the Motorcraft plugs as some other types have problems due to small electrodes that wear away quickly under the intense operation of the SC's sc'd engine.

Back