whats next, MP mods

89tird

Hey guys, I just bought an MP 85mm Tb, and I'm going to pick up a MP inlet plenum from the group buy going on, I also have a spare Lightning 90mm MAF, should I install this or get a smaller maf?

I emailed XR7DAVE to get a tune, but he never wrote back, I'm Installin a cobra IRS pumpkin with 3.55.

Anything else I could do to help this mods? See sig.

I have the stock 36lb'ers in the '95 and I'm jumping to the 60's. Only because I'll be doing a bunch of other mods at the same time. If you do this, make sure you get a tune from Dalke when you do.

-Corey

I have a set of 50's for sale that will work out great for your combination, let me know and maybe we can work out a deal.

Hey guys, I just bought an MP 85mm Tb, and I'm going to pick up a MP inlet plenum from the group buy going on, I also have a spare Lightning 90mm MAF, should I install this or get a smaller maf?

I emailed XR7DAVE to get a tune, but he never wrote back, I'm Installin a cobra IRS pumpkin with 3.55.

Anything else I could do to help this mods? See sig.

Out of curiosity why did you decide to go so big on the TB & MAF? I would think you dont need anything aproaching that size unless you run a built, big HP motor. Seems like I am seeing more and more guys going to the same stuff that 400HP SCs are running. Do you have a decent cam and heads?

Ken

I thought the mp 85mm tb was the best for the sc?? , the maf is one I have spare from the build of my crown vic, I was asking to see if I should use it or not? My cam and heads are stock.

Rzimmerl, do I need a sample tube for those injectoris?

To use that Lightning MAF your going to have to get some tuning done to get any combination to work. You'd be better off just getting a 73MM or 76MM C&L with the matching tube, which can be found rather cheap.

I thought the mp 85mm tb was the best for the sc?? , the maf is one I have spare from the build of my crown vic, I was asking to see if I should use it or not? My cam and heads are stock.

Rzimmerl, do I need a sample tube for those injectoris?

The 85 MM TB will work good with an all out built engine but it is real overkill for a stock engine. A 75MM TB and 76 MAF with 42 lb injectors would give you a lot of room to grow HP wise and have a better running SC. The further you get form stock sized parts the more you need a tune . Its an unavoidable expense with these cars. If you have gotten the TB yet I would see if they can change the order to a smaller one. Just my thoughts

Ken

I would need a tune regardless to use the cobra irs, I was thinking of telling the tuner to just make the lightning maf work.

The 85 MM TB will work good with an all out built engine but it is real overkill for a stock engine. A 75MM TB and 76 MAF with 42 lb injectors would give you a lot of room to grow HP wise and have a better running SC. The further you get form stock sized parts the more you need a tune . Its an unavoidable expense with these cars. If you have gotten the TB yet I would see if they can change the order to a smaller one. Just my thoughts

Ken

I totally agree with Ken.

You will need 85mm TB and 90mm Maf only when you're goaling much bigger hp numbers. Of course it's always a good idea to plan ahead but if you're staying with original heads and cam etc, then smaller TB & Maf will be enough.

To correct the gear change for the 4r70w

You only need the tuner to get the best out of it, such as changing the shfit points.
The only reason I have such a big TB and MAF is because I have plans to order a set of nice heads and a cam this spring, as well as an MPx.

-Corey

So the 85mm tb is not going to gain me any power? Or will I loose power and the car would run like crap?

Your gain will be minimal, you will not lose any horsepower, and your car will run fine and ilde fine if you adjust the idle screws correctly. The 85MM TB isn't really even worth attempting to use unless you have the MP inlet since the stock inlet is alot smaller and is the restriction.

Back