16 Psi!?!?!?

SCroots

Hey guys, I just bored out my MAF and took her for a spin. after 4000 rpm the boost gauge was pegged PAST 15! First of all, is this possible, all i have done to it is the MAF and removed the air silencer. (I dont even have a K&N yet). second, am i going to blow my head gasket if i dont do exhaust soon? thanks.

Get Busy....

Get busy on your EXH bro...16psi is a dangerouse place to be..YOu already know that obviously...Get it done ASAP, even if you just ace the resonator and go with strait pipe or a magnaflow REZ or a terminator or whatever...Get it done man...

I hit 16psi on my 94SC with a wide open EXH and a 5% pulley...Well, I guess I am gonna get me some V-6 stang headers and wedge them in there to open up my EXH more...Also have a Blower TOP for it, waiting on gaskets...I think this will let a bit more iar through as well...

have fun...

What was your boost before these modifications? Where there any preexisting mods that you're aware of? Also, does your gauge sit @ zero when the car is off? Perhaps the cats are on their last meow.

well you have modified your maf, so in doing so, you modified your transfer function. That means that your car is probably running leaner now. Combine that with a lot of boost and restricive exhaust, and "I" think you are on the path to diasaster.

thanks for all the input guys!

As far as i know, the car was bone stock when i picked it up (im the 3rd owner). the gauge will sit at 0 and hit about 13-14 before i did anything. the cats may be going out. when i got it smogged, i had to drive it around a bit to warm them up before it would pass.

As for exhaust: ive got a guy here who will build me a full custom setup wth high flow cats for $400 and a 12 pack of Coors. im just waitng on my pool guy to pay me for a set of rims im selling him.

I do believe I constantly live on that path to disaster. If I could only leave my cars alone.

Back