Whats ur hp on ur sc block

Truebird sc

Im in the process in building my SC and i wanted to know who hold the top hp in the fourm on the SC block what is the max hp a SC block can handle? and what set up they using.

Im in the process in building my SC and i wanted to know who hold the top hp in the fourm on the SC block what is the max hp a SC block can handle? and what set up they using.

There a turbo guy well into the 500s Ira is in the 470s something with an AR. You need the good stuff for the internals. 400s are becoming more common.

Ken

There a turbo guy well into the 500s Ira is in the 470s something with an AR. You need the good stuff for the internals. 400s are becoming more common.

Ken

Im goin turbo is the best way to gain hp fast my set up is the SC Block 4.2 crank, 0.030 over wiseco piston, scot rods, a nice little cam , custom made intake with a 85 mm TB and 85mm MAF and some other goodies. My goal is 500rwhp plus. I reallly want to push the car to its limits i was just wondering if someone already had.:D

Im goin turbo is the best way to gain hp fast my set up is the SC Block 4.2 crank, 0.030 over wiseco piston, scot rods, a nice little cam , custom made intake with a 85 mm TB and 85mm MAF and some other goodies. My goal is 500rwhp plus. I reallly want to push the car to its limits i was just wondering if someone already had.:D

At the shootout we had one turbo guy on the portable dyno than ran over 500 and the dyno was reading something like 13% low

Ken

You won't need an 85mm TB, a 75mm will be plenty because you will be pushing the air through it. 85mm MAF may not be enough...are you planning to do a blow through or draw through MAF ?

I'm not aware of anyone who has broken a block because of too much power, but there have been indications of main bearing cap walk on several motors, so you may want to consider using a main bearing girdle.

David

You won't need an 85mm TB, a 75mm will be plenty because you will be pushing the air through it. 85mm MAF may not be enough...are you planning to do a blow through or draw through MAF ?

I'm not aware of anyone who has broken a block because of too much power, but there have been indications of main bearing cap walk on several motors, so you may want to consider using a main bearing girdle.

David

Im planning to have a blow through MAF, ill go with the 85mm TB already got it and for the MAF goin with 85MM MAF w/ mafia.

i had a custom made girdle with arp studs made she wont walk that much i think ill post some pics when i start putting my short block together hope to make some good power :D

What size turbo (s) are you planning to use ? What fuel system upgrades ?

David

I havent decided on what turbo to go with yet im between the

GT 35R or the T70 but goin to be single turbo do, as for fuel 60lb injectors if they hold with custom made fuel rail, (2) 255 walbros, 3/8 fuel lines , mallory afpr

I started putting her together friday

I havent decided on what turbo to go with yet im between the

GT 35R or the T70 but goin to be single turbo do, as for fuel 60lb injectors if they hold with custom made fuel rail, (2) 255 walbros, 3/8 fuel lines , mallory afpr

I started putting her together friday

Looking forward to seeing some progress pictures. I think the 60# injectors are going to limit you to around 500 rwhp and you would be better off going with 80# injectors. What are you doing for an intercooler ?

David

Looking forward to seeing some progress pictures. I think the 60# injectors are going to limit you to around 500 rwhp and you would be better off going with 80# injectors. What are you doing for an intercooler ?

David

Air to Air FMI 32"-12"-3" i was already planning on getting the 80# injectors

here are some pic of the crank in with the girdle install and arp studs

image.php
[/url][/IMG]

image.php
[/url][/IMG]

image.php
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Back