Code 241 Continued

gearheadtoo

Just wondering if any of you guys can tell me if there is a simple way to trouble shoot the ICM on my 94 SC. The error code indicates that there is a problem but the info in my ford shop manual is not very clear. It's a $300 part so am not going to replace it until I am sure it's bad.

Thanks again...........Mark

You need what is called an H Manual. Ford Factory Powertrain Control and Emmisions Diagnosis. Or PCED. You can diagnos problems step by step per the code, with this manual. That is what Ford Technicians use. Without it, it is a needle in a hay stack....
Forgot to mention these are ordered by year...Not model....Each year covers all vehicles. These manuals are huge. Like 1000 pages or more and were 4-500 bucks back then... Here is a new one, which is why its a hundred bucks. Used ones run 30-50.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994...10016611554QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature
These are the cats meow when diagnosing Powertrain contol or driveability issues. Especially difficult problems. Used them repeatedly as Tech....worth the money...

Last edited:
Honestly a 94 PCED may not help on your code, in that it is not listed, but it will tell you how to pin out a ICM.

As for price Advance has them for ~$130 w/ LLT warrenty. I'm waiting on tax money to get mine.

Back