Knock Sensor Replacement

Black94SC5spd

I accidently broke my knock sensor while replacing motor mounts. Is there anything special i need to do while replacing the sensor? Thanks for all answers in advance.

nope....just get the new one in there.....get a 1-1/8" deep socket to put it in again. You cant fit any wrench in there so you'll need that deep socket. I broke mine too last week when i was doing my mounts.

knocksen.jpg

On the early models at least the sensor is screwed into an adapter that is then screwed into a water jacket. The later models are different.

Also be sure and get the correct replacement sensor since the threads sizes are different on the early vs late. I cannot remember for certain, but I think the early style is a little harder to get.

i drained my coolant cause someone told me that all the fluid would come out...but nothin came out at all. Like gldii said......it has a housing that it screws into first.

Thanks guys for your help...I'm having mounts put into my XR-7 today by a mechanic friend of mine. Now I know that I can easily remove the sensor only without losing coolant, then he can just bend the sheild out of the way and pull the mount out that way instead of pulling out the overflow bottle and moving the A/C compressor to separate the mount from the top side of the car.

i found the best way to get that side in....is to put it in in two pieces. Put the rubber on one half of the mount.....put that peice in....then the other side of the bracket....then once both pieces are in there....assemble it with the two small bolts. I tryed for so long to get that mount in there...and when i did it in two peices...it was a peice of cake.

just do it so its tight...it should have some thread glue already on the threads...so it wont fall out.

Back