Lap belt Stuck?

MrSnow

I've got my seat belt light on ever since my passenger side lap beltgot stuck when a buddy was riding with me.... I took out the 2 screws that hold this plastic plate down but it seems like its locked down somewhere by the belt.... I searched the forums and do I have to remove the seats to get at this? Or can I move it a certain direction to get it to pop off. :confused:

Attachments

• IMG00235.jpg
    IMG00235.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 98
There are 3 screws. The third screw is on the back side of the seatbelt bulge, see the picture attached. Once you have the screws out there are snap clips also holding it down. Just be careful popping the trim piece up, it can snap real fast on you if it is cold.

Last edited:
Just wondering if you got it 'unstuck'.
I too have this problem and it doesn't look fixable. Can these units be purchased anywhere?
I also have the two rear seatbelts that don't want to retract.

Pull them all the way out and then let them retract slowly back into the holder....

What color are your belts....

Are you looking for a rear set.....

Check the sear belt retractor cover to make sure the belt isn't binding up inside...

well, right now the rear ones aren't bothering me. I have taken the cover off one and didn't notice any binding, it probably just needs lube.
Its the front passenger lap belt that froze (which is strange since it has been used very little in all the years). I removed it and if I play with the plastic cog and gears can make it work. Something is out of whack. Can't find rebuild info or replacements on the net. Haven't checked with Ford either.

Just wondering if you got it 'unstuck'.
I too have this problem and it doesn't look fixable. Can these units be purchased anywhere?
I also have the two rear seatbelts that don't want to retract.

I have a 90 SC and both rear shoulder belts pull out and won't retract and the covers aren't binding them at all so can they be cleaned and lubricated to bring them back to life or must they be replaced, My car set up for over 4 years so I am finding all kinds of goofy stuff with this car ?
Thanks
:eek:

Back