Idling issues when running any accesory aka heater ect.

ScubaCoupe

My car drops almost to stall when I am running the heater or any other accessory. It also drops in idle when the fan kicks in. Any Ideas as to what could be causing this?

It will drop idle and vac. drops to about 13 then idle picks back up then does it again with in a few seconds.

its the alt

On the way to work today... the batt light came on ... got to work popped the hood... alt fin were red hot... Anyone got one very cheap? Im a lil past broke right now but i cant not have a running car.

Thats what I figured ALT.

I don't rec. buying a used alt., cause like forrest gump said"Life is like a box of chocolates...you neva know what your gonna git"

Good luck on getting your car running man!I have an extra alt that has been sitting for a few years but we live many miles apart.

Tom

yeah not the best time for me with this rain stomr in socal

I found a reman 110amp for 108$ not sure if thats a good deal or not? Any tips for the install or special tools i will need?

Some tools

Don't forget to disconnect battery first, use an 18mm socket n rachet to take tensioner loosen up, if your reman don't come with a pulley, take both to a shop so they can swap out the pulleys with an air gun.

Tom

I found a reman 110amp for 108$ not sure if thats a good deal or not? Any tips for the install or special tools i will need?

Charge the battery before starting the car with the new alternator. Using the alternator to recharge a severly drained battery will very often damage the alternator.

David

SHould come in tomorrow

Well I ordered the ALT should be here tomorrow. So hopefully this rain lets up and I can install it. THanks for the tips.

All is good

Got the alt in all is good minus a few knucles and almost a finger putting the tensioner on the belt.... Also took me forever to figure out i can get to the back bolt much easier if i remove the coilpack lol but of course didnt figure that out until install... removal took a lil longer.

Now my arms are limp noodles cause i didn't have a good bar to use on the tension just grip n pull took alot of pull n slip but its on. No more Battery light either.

Thanks again for your help guys cheers!!

Back