PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle 2010!!!!!! June 4th-6th!

Pages : [1] 2

XxSlowpokexX
01-21-2010, 05:02 PM
You can register now! Also I highly recommend taking care of your hotel arrangements in advance because they get filled up quick. Generally we try to get into the Hotel Carlisle. The Super 8 next door is cheaper if the funds are low or if you don’t care for the other hotel.

Hotel Information:

Hotel Carlisle

http://www.secure-res.com/res/vn3/listp.aspx?id=1585

Super 8

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...ce_nostay=true

Registration Information:

Please pre-register under "The Supercoupe Club Of America" not "SCCOA":
The more preregistration we have the better!
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

They are offering multicar discounts for cars registered at the same address at the same time. So if you buddy up with someone when registering you can strike yourself a deal.

Also for all those pre-registering to the event and showing proof of such, Dash plaques will be made for you compliments of Mike Tuck. You cant, cant , cant get one unless you preregister as these need to be made in advance. There is no set in stone design but they may be personalized with your name , year of car, maybe mileage driven, year of event….If you pre-register you do all of us a favor that attend by getting us more space, more classes and a free tent!. So please if you plan to go…LET US KNOW!

ALSO PLEASE GIVE ME SHIRT SIZE

Those Going (Will add a preregistration mark once registered)

1) Damon Baumann (Pre Registered) XXXLarge
2) Ken Seegers (Pre registered) XXLarge
3) Ricardoa1 (Pre Registered)
4) RJGRAUL (Pre registered) Medium
5) Tim Groth (Pre registered) 2 Medium, 1 XXL, 1XL, 3 Large
6) Tim Groth (Pre registered)
7) Tim Groth (Pre registered)
8) Wardboy (Pre registered) Large
9) Blown38 Large
19) Rob (Pre registered)
11) Duffy Floyd (Pre registered) XXL
12) John Miller (Pre registered) XX and Medium
13) Bryan (Pre registered) Large
14) Mike Tuck (Pre registered)

Below we will talk about specific organized events

GO KARTS June 5th 11pm - Damon Baumann

For many years in a row we have been doing an organized go-kart event. The past few years it has been broken down into two events. The 11pm event…the 12pm event. For the sake of prosperity the 11pm event is only to be discussed!

Generally 10 cars are available although that can change. We rent the track for an hour. And that changes yearly. Individual pricing depends on what they charge. Pricing has been 350, 450, 550 (see a pattern). But guaranteed it will be the best money spent at Carlisle besides the show itself!
This year as last I will be asking for a $20 non refundable deposit (for an hour) and $15 (for 15 & 30 min). The deposit itself can be transferrable to another (get the 20 from them). This needs to be done to eliminate me shelling out a few hundred for no shows if any (its happened). I will post payment info when price is confirmed.

Now there will be 4, 15 min races. You can pay for 15, 30 or a 60 min spot. First pay first served. If when your there you decide you only want to do 30 but paid for 60…Get someone to take your spot. It happens!
Those interested in this event

1) Damon Slowpoke Baumann (60 min-paid)
2) RJGRAUL (30 min)
3) Wardboy (60 min)
4) Ken Seegers (60 min)
5) Paul H (60 min)
6) Tommy P (60 min)
7) Paul (60 min)
8) Mike Tuck (60 min)
9) Ricardo (60 min)
10) Brian (60 min)

Dinner June 5th – 8 pm John Miller/Don ONeil

We are doing 8pm so we dont have to leave the fairgrounds early and miss all the end of day events! YOU NEED TO SEE JOHN MILLER or DON O NEIL SATURDAY TO GAT A HEAD COUNT TOGETHER!!!!

Mn12 CRUISE/Racing/DINNER!!! June 4th – Rico/Ward

SO far it seems we may be cruising to watch or participat ein some 1/8 mile racing..After that Hooters!...So right from fair grounds off to the races..Will ad dmore info later!

Other stuff, Trophys , Prizes and whatnot

I have decieded on doing trophies for certain awards. They are below.

1) Longest distance traveled
2) Most miles on car
3) Best of Show Modified
4) Best of Show Stock
5) Sportsmanship Award

These awards will be voted on by the SC community This year we will keep this open to all at Carlisle that register under SCCOA...But next year it will be for preregistered people only!

Vendors that have donated some products that will be given to winners as well. The following have or wil lbe given:

1) Spinning Wheels
2) SCP
3) RJGRAUL Ralph on the site ( Hes an amsoil dealer as well as other products)

Looking for others!!!!!!

Ken Seegers
01-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Damon,
Reservation made!!!!!! Put me down for 1 hour on the go carts.

If you use hotel carlisle, put AAA in for lower rate. My room went from 140 to 112.

See you all there....now which car to bring?????

Ken

XxSlowpokexX
01-21-2010, 05:45 PM
The blue one!

Kurt K
01-21-2010, 06:14 PM
See you all there....now which car to bring?????

Ken
Do any of them run?:p

ricardoa1
01-21-2010, 06:20 PM

Ouch....:eek:

BLOWN38
01-21-2010, 06:41 PM
I registered for pinks all out in VA and its the same weekend.:( I am going to try and make it up to carlisle saturday as long as I'm not running for the money.:)

I may just preregister the red car and try to get someone to take it up there. It would be the first time I miss carlilse in the 7 years I been going.

XxSlowpokexX
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Chris let me know if you pre-register ok?

ricardoa1
01-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Ill be stopping by, Saturday. then headed out sunday for a the HotRod Power tour. Im going to try to hit up a couple of cities then head back home. Goal is to sport the anny for that.

Tim Groth
01-21-2010, 08:05 PM
I'll be be pre-registered for my 3 SCs this weekend - now goal is to get them all to Carlisle for the show.

How about an award for Club member with most SC entries ;):D

See everyone is 5 months!

-Tim

rjgraul
01-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Damon,
I just registered, also put me down for 30 min on the carts like last year. Let me know when you want a deposit and how to send it to you.

I am still open to the ideas I offered last summer for a door prize. :)

Thanks,
Ralph

Ken Seegers
01-21-2010, 08:57 PM
The blue one!

No blue one in the stable......plus there are gay :p

Ken Seegers
01-21-2010, 08:58 PM

Yes smarta$$.......both run

Wardboy
01-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Damon,
I will pregister tomorrow. My wallet is in the car and I'm just too damn lazy tonight to go get my credit card. Put me down for an hour go-cart slot. If you need paypal, that would be fine. Also, if you need help with anything, let me know.

Tim,
Can't wait to see the teal car...perhaps we will get our own teal class this year?!?! :D

Kurt,
Fix your passenger seat and stop picking on Ken...that's my job! :p

Ken,
Will your buddy with the lifted ranger be coming again this year with his trailer? Just making sure your car (whichever one you bring) has a way home when it breaks......just like last year!!!! :);):)

Dave

XxSlowpokexX
01-22-2010, 12:41 AM
i'll be be pre-registered for my 3 scs this weekend - now goal is to get them all to carlisle for the show.

How about an award for club member with most sc entries ;):d

see everyone is 5 months!

-tim

im open for that!!!

XxSlowpokexX
01-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Damon,
I will pregister tomorrow. My wallet is in the car and I'm just too damn lazy tonight to go get my credit card. Put me down for an hour go-cart slot. If you need paypal, that would be fine. Also, if you need help with anything, let me know.

Tim,
Can't wait to see the teal car...perhaps we will get our own teal class this year?!?! :D

Kurt,
Fix your passenger seat and stop picking on Ken...that's my job! :p

Ken,
Will your buddy with the lifted ranger be coming again this year with his trailer? Just making sure your car (whichever one you bring) has a way home when it breaks......just like last year!!!! :);):)

Dave

Hey if you can think of anything let me know. Would you want to head up the cruise idea? Seems Rico will be out for the count??

lpfan
01-22-2010, 05:41 AM
1) Longest distance
2) Most miles on car
3) Club Award (where we get to pick our favorite SC that shows up)
4) Nicest Engine
5) ?????????
6) sweetest car seat

Wardboy
01-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Hey if you can think of anything let me know. Would you want to head up the cruise idea? Seems Rico will be out for the count??

Yeah, no problem; glad to help! I'll look into it and throw some ideas by you.

Dave

rjgraul
01-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Damon,

I am in for both dinners and the cruise if there is one. I plan on arriving Friday AM.

Shirt size medium.

Ralph

Wardboy
01-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Preregistration completed. Damon, put me down for a large shirt.

Dave

Ken Seegers
01-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Damon,
Put me down for 2XL shirt. Also don't forget me on the go-karts.

Ken

Wardboy
01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Damon,
Put me down for 2XL shirt.

Ken

:eek: You sure like 'em roomy there don't ya Ken!!! :D

XxSlowpokexX
01-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Ken will grow into it..Dont worry!

Ken Seegers
01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
:eek: You sure like 'em roomy there don't ya Ken!!! :D

I wear a size 50 suit.....and that is not due to a belly either.

XxSlowpokexX
01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
I wear a size 50 suit.....and that is not due to a belly either.

It's the hump on his back! REVERSE BELLY!

J dot Miller
01-22-2010, 09:34 PM
DINNER #1 June 5th 7 or 8pm – Jason Miller (not confirmed yet)

Generally every year we get together for dinner at least one night. Past few years it has been the Olive Garden and put together by O’Neil or Miller. Not sure who will be doing it this year however I am just posting this as an event that ALWAYS happens with details that may change! I will put together a list of names for this as well which may help in the organization of such a dinner...

1) Damon Baumann

I booked my room a few weeks ago and the Olive Garden Dinner is ON baby!!!!!!!!! I believe 8:00 PM will be good unless it rains. :D :D :D

Great idea, lets get a list together then I can spend more time with my cooler and socializing than trying to track people down. :confused:

Oh yea it is John Miller (size 2X and the old Lady is a med, just PM me cost and I will pay in advance) the owner of the ugliest SC of them all. :eek:

OTHER STUFF: If you decide to have an UGLY SC award I will win hands down! :cool:

XxSlowpokexX
01-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Ugly....That may be one!!!....I'm going to start a post for tshirt design...

I was thinking of a returning theme we can do every year. Like Supercoupes invade Carlisle 2010!...But how it gets designed....I dont know. And I dont see shirts costing more then $10 a pop with a simple one color logo/design.

Or it can be the SCCOA invades Carlisle 2010...Depends what you all want. But I think a shirt idea that doesnt infringe on anyones trademarks is great!

Tim Groth
02-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Bump this back to the top - also Damon I know the orginal idea on getting several to pre-register was to get the SC Classes corrected. It still showing 89-92 as 1 class and 93-95 as a class...has this been addressed with Carlisle Events?

-Tim

Wardboy
02-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Bump this back to the top - also Damon I know the orginal idea on getting several to pre-register was to get the SC Classes corrected. It still showing 89-92 as 1 class and 93-95 as a class...has this been addressed with Carlisle Events?

-Tim

Maybe we should discuss this and agree on the way WE think the classes should be organized, then approach them with it and say "No offense, but as owners of these cars, this is the way that makes the most sense for you to classify them."

Damon,
I've been looking at possible cruise routes. There is a back way into the fairground that I usually take when I go down in July with the Mopar guys. Starting at the fairgrounds, it would be about a 20-30 minute trip on some nice country roads followed by about a 10 minute Bonzai run down 81 to the hotels. :D Let me know how that sounds.

Dave

Miller
02-17-2010, 01:03 PM
OTHER STUFF: If you decide to have an UGLY SC award I will win hands down! :cool:\

only because Casey dosent go to carlisle.

coolhand
02-17-2010, 02:13 PM
OK. I am going to have to approach CARLISLE and see if they can change the date for this event!!!!!!!! Every year lately we have a NASCAR Race on the same weekend. I so want to bring my Blue '95 to this.
Anyway, Guys and Gals, have a few "pops" for Bev and I, and good luck and be safe.

Coolhand

rjgraul
02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Another good reason to preregister is so we have enough room for the SCs to park. Last year we had more SCs than parking spots.:eek:

Ralph

Kurt K
02-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Maybe we should discuss this and agree on the way WE think the classes should be organized, then approach them with it and say "No offense, but as owners of these cars, this is the way that makes the most sense for you to classify them."

Historically, I believe Carlise bases the classes on the previous year's attendance; and the parking area on pre-registration. I think class suggestions would carry more weight after a significant pre-registration push.

XxSlowpokexX
02-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I agree about the classes as is being off. Classes as well as spots depend on last year sattendence as well as preregistration. Prereg is key which is why I push for it. Last year I was parked in the wrong section due to lack of room. The Anny cars are with regular ones, the 93's with 94-95 (probably the strangest setup) .If we only get three classes I'd say 94-95, 89-91, 92-93. Still not ideal..But what do you guyw think?

XxSlowpokexX
02-19-2010, 05:36 PM
NOONE will beat out Jdot for ugly SC....He shows up he wins...SERIOUSLY!

Casey doesnt have a chance.

Tim,

I will see if I can get a class change if we can all agree on what we feel is acceptable

XxSlowpokexX
02-19-2010, 05:54 PM
I agree about the classes as is being off. Classes as well as spots depend on last year sattendence as well as preregistration. Prereg is key which is why I push for it. Last year I was parked in the wrong section due to lack of room. The Anny cars are with regular ones, the 93's with 94-95 (probably the strangest setup) .If we only get three classes I'd say 94-95, 89-91, 92-93. Still not ideal..But what do you guys think?

XxSlowpokexX
02-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Just talked to betsy at Carlisle Productions...She put me in contact with the Ford Event planner Rick Markko. So now is the time to let me knwo what class distinctions you would like to see.

ricardoa1
02-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Just talked to betsy at Carlisle Productions...She put me in contact with the Ford Event planner Rick Markko. So now is the time to let me knwo what class distinctions you would like to see.

If we want to spread the love and have three classes then
89-91 since they share the tail lights that are different then
92-93 Those have the unique curved tails.
Then 94-95 since there was a huge change in style.

If not then 89-93 and 94-95

What were the registration numbers from last year? year by class///

Tim Groth
02-19-2010, 08:17 PM
I beleive 89-91 / 92-93 / 94-95 is a great setup...the 93 w/ the 2nd gen body just seems strange.

I know prior years the break downs were even further extended but considering the recent turn out I would be more than happy with the above.

Last year we had only a handful of pre-reg if I recall, I guess with what we have now, perhaps they will see we're going for more this year.

-Tim

rjgraul
02-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Since I this is still new to me as this is my second year attending. I agree with Tim Groth and Ricardo 3 classes.

Ralph

XxSlowpokexX
02-20-2010, 01:27 AM
I agree with the class breakdowns..Hopefully we cna get more preregistered people

Miller
02-20-2010, 02:07 AM
when theres 10 cars in the show, seems silly to have so many first place winners.... ?

XxSlowpokexX
02-20-2010, 02:45 AM
Never been there with only 10 cars. But i'm sure if it ever occured there would be only one class

Kurt K
02-20-2010, 09:58 AM
I agree that the three classes indicated make logical sense, however they will only work if the pre-registration numbers support them. If one of the groups only has 3 or 4 cars it should probably combined with another group or even split between the other 2 classes.

I don't have all of the class breakdowns from the past, but I do now a few that I fell into. In 2001 it was 1991-1993, in 2004 the 1992's were by themself and in 2005 it was 1991-1992. I don't remember the class breakdowns back to 1997 when I first started going to Carlise and I only know these specific years since I actually won something. It was easier for Carlisle to have more classes when there were 50+ SC's registering each year....I think the most was about 100 one year.

Sorry for rambling and I won't even be able to attend this year.

Wardboy
02-20-2010, 08:17 PM
I agree with the group here....89-91, 92-93, and 94-95 seem to make the most sense. There's obviously a few differences within those classes, especially the first two, but it makes more sense than having a 93-95 class. Plus if we kept it the same as last year, and Damon and Rico get parked in the right class, I might be in trouble!!!! ;):D;)

Kurt, sorry to hear you're not gonna make it. Hopefully Ken and I can make it out to the shootout this year!!!

XxSlowpokexX
02-21-2010, 04:37 AM
Are you guys driving to shootout? If so maybe I can meet up wih ya.

Ill ask for those classes. Im in total agreement. I would love a seperate anny class..But last we had it none showed up!

Wardboy
02-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Are you guys driving to shootout? If so maybe I can meet up wih ya.

Ill ask for those classes. Im in total agreement. I would love a seperate anny class..But last we had it none showed up!

Yeah, we'll be driving...actually, Ken will be "trailering" to be more specific! Feel free to join the Convoy!

Hopefully there's enough preregistered by now to support your argument with you talk to them!

ricardoa1
02-22-2010, 11:57 AM
I agree with the group here....89-91, 92-93, and 94-95 seem to make the most sense. There's obviously a few differences within those classes, especially the first two, but it makes more sense than having a 93-95 class. Plus if we kept it the same as last year, and Damon and Rico get parked in the right class, I might be in trouble!!!! ;):D;)

Kurt, sorry to hear you're not gonna make it. Hopefully Ken and I can make it out to the shootout this year!!!

It think I will be in with the 90s this year. ;)
Or if I convince my wife to drive the other it will be in two classes. :D

But I will only preregister for one. :p

Ken Seegers
02-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Hopefully Ken and I can make it out to the shootout this year!!!

woo hoo!!!!! wardboy is paying for my shootout trip!

great put the 93's with the 92's. I hear a teal car might be nervous!!!:p

ricardoa1
02-22-2010, 02:54 PM
I pre-registered 1990. :D

Now lets get the classes updated they still have them under the wrong classes.

XxSlowpokexX
02-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Im working on it now. Last year we only had 22 cars on field which is less then required to even hav ethree classes but they are not going to reduce teh amount of classes anymore (for now). I;m working on getting a class change and will let you know as soon as it goes through.

Trying my best here. Rick stresses that preregistration is key and for this year if you preregister they will send you everything in the mail and you wont even have to wait on line. SO lets all preregister PLEAASEEEE and try to get more people to come along!

XxSlowpokexX
02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Classes proposed in case you didnt see

89-91
92-93
94-95

ricardoa1
02-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Classes proposed in case you didnt see

89-91
92-93
94-95

Im just saying that the pre-registration form is on the old format and they will give you a class number. it will become a problem for those pre-registered 93s and 91s as their package when mailed will have a bad class number, if they dont change it soon.

XxSlowpokexX
02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
I understand Rico. We will see what happens. If we could get more people to go it will be that much easier to change things. If not this year hopefully next

Wardboy
02-22-2010, 11:08 PM
woo hoo!!!!! wardboy is paying for my shootout trip!

great put the 93's with the 92's. I hear a teal car might be nervous!!!:p

If I keep buying parts off of you, I probably will have given you enough money to pay for the shootout trip!!! :rolleyes:

You misread my last post!! The teal car was nervous...about having to park next to Rico and Damon!!!! :D

Black cars only make it nervous at the track...FOR NOW!!! ;)

XxSlowpokexX
02-22-2010, 11:44 PM
Im cleaning mine this year!!!!!

Tim Groth
02-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Shoot I figure if they group the 93s with 94-95 I better step my game up on the 93, just did the front clip swap, when weather warms I'll swap to the newer interior :p;):D.

At this rate there will be snow this year instead of the dreaded "R".

-Tim

Wardboy
02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
At this rate there will be snow this year instead of the dreaded "R".

-Tim

Sure does seem that way!!!

XxSlowpokexX
02-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Class changes were a win!

Ken Seegers
02-23-2010, 03:06 PM
Class changes were a win!

Time for me to lay some smack on a teal 93......so bring!:D

XxSlowpokexX
02-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Let the smack talk begin!!!!!

Im still worried about Rico and Chris. But Unless Rico puts on some sn95 offset 99 cobra rims...I dont think he has a chance!

BLOWN38
02-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Im still worried about Rico and Chris
Don't have to worry about the black car this year. Maybe I can get the red car up to snuff. Hope the judges like a stock car.:rolleyes:

Can't fit the widened 99 cobras on the red car either unless.... i do a hub swap before then! We'll see i have the parts just don't know if i'll have the time, or want to swap back and forth.

XxSlowpokexX
02-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Why no black car!!!! I was also thinking Ken doesnt have a chance against a TEAL car.....Its the Teal man.....

Ken Seegers
02-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Why no black car!!!! I was also thinking Ken doesnt have a chance against a TEAL car.....Its the Teal man.....

With you, Tim Groth, & Wardboy.......everybody will start hating teal as a color.......Black is where it is at!

XxSlowpokexX
02-23-2010, 04:10 PM
I think Tim should bring his teal car!

BLOWN38
02-23-2010, 08:02 PM
I will be running it at pinks all out on saturday.:(

Roadhawg
02-23-2010, 08:35 PM
I will be running it at pinks all out on saturday.:(

See you there...;)

Wardboy
02-23-2010, 11:17 PM
With you, Tim Groth, & Wardboy.......everybody will start hating teal as a color.......Black is where it is at!

This comment hasn't any intellegent basis to it once so ever, and thus, doesn't warrant any response beyond this....:D

Chris,
You'll have to keep the boys in Carlisle informed Saturday on how things are going!

Dave

BLOWN38
02-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Chris,
You'll have to keep the boys in Carlisle informed Saturday on how things are going!

Dave

Will do. I want to register my red 94 if I can get it up there somehow, then drive up after pinks on saturday, for the parrrtaaay!

XxSlowpokexX
02-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Thast the spirit chris!!!!

Wardboy
02-24-2010, 12:00 PM
We party Saturday night at Carlisle?!?!?! I always thought all the drinking was to numb the soreness from the Go-Carts!!! :D

XxSlowpokexX
02-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Everyone went to bed early last year......Lets not let that happen again!

Tim Groth
02-24-2010, 07:03 PM
I think Tim should bring his teal car!

All 3 of my SC's are registered so the Teal 94 SC will be there, Liz's Titanium 93 will be there...and if the funds/timing/and stars align my 94 Royal Blue SC will be present. This is the 22k 94 5spd that I haven't even drove since purchase... I have my work seriously cut out for me.

As for the night activites, last year was a little bland in years comparison. I remember in years past we partied like hell in the upper parking lot, I hope we do that again this year.

I'll bring supplies for Red Bull & Vodka this year, maybe some Jager too that seems to get the party started and going.

-Tim

Wardboy
02-24-2010, 10:13 PM
Last year I think we lost out because we didn't have a central location (hotel parking lot) to hang out. I know Ken and I went back to our hotel and went to bed right after go-carts. :( We'll have to address that this year!!!

coolhand
02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Seems like without the CANADIANS, you guys just dont have it in you any more??????
Tim, wont be long, you are gonna win all three classes at once. Any of these cars SPRAY PAINTED?
CoolHand

Tim Groth
02-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Seems like without the CANADIANS, you guys just dont have it in you any more??????
Tim, wont be long, you are gonna win all three classes at once. Any of these cars SPRAY PAINTED?
CoolHand

Lol none spray painted w/ rattle cans, those days are past me :D Good times.

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
02-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Duplicate ppppppppppppppoooooooooosssssssssssst

XxSlowpokexX
02-25-2010, 02:11 PM
You keep TIm way from Carlisle one year and he goes balls out! WE WILL HAVE A BLAST!!!

And guys I havent updated yet but please tell me when you preregister a car, who it is and tshirt size for that person!

Thanks

ricardoa1
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
So who is inviting the restaurant help over to the party. Make sure they are skanky.;)

Ken Seegers
02-25-2010, 02:55 PM
So who is inviting the restaurant help over to the party. Make sure they are skanky.;)

Wasn't that Tim's doing the last time? Since Damon is doing the job of recruiting for carlisle, maybe he can get the restaurant help to come over! Remember Damon, women not men! :D

XxSlowpokexX
02-25-2010, 03:23 PM
The bar at the hotel is good for that too.....Just sayin hahaha

BLOWN38
02-25-2010, 03:56 PM

No comment....;)

Tim Groth
02-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Gotta love the Olive Garden!

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
02-25-2010, 11:03 PM
The olive garden dinner has been moved later so that we can enjoy the carlisle festivities. No excuse not to go

Blackened300A
03-02-2010, 07:56 PM
PRE-REGISTER!!!!!!!!!

Rick stressed this over and over with us Marauder guys. This year we are getting our own class for 03-04 and if we get 17 pre-registered cars before May 17th, then he will split us into Stock/Modified classes.

If you dont pre-register then Rick takes a guess on how many parking spots you'll need and its never enough.
PRE-REGISTER!!!!!!!!!

XxSlowpokexX
03-03-2010, 11:36 PM
And to think I got you to go to Carlisle!

Tim Groth
03-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Quick Question - The folks that have sold car parts at Carlisle next to their car on the show field...has Carlisle Events ever said anythign about this? I know in years past I have seen rims/tires for sale or miscellaneous parts. I'm thinking this year I may do the same just to clear some storage space.

TIA.

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
03-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I know the rules clearly dictate you cant. I think it even says so on the stuff they hand out to us

Tim Groth
03-05-2010, 08:13 PM
I know the rules clearly dictate you cant. I think it even says so on the stuff they hand out to us

I know thats why I never have and also why I was asking - just saying I see it done and was wondering if they get lectured.

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Anyone eeellsseeeee???????

rjgraul
03-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Damon
I know you haven't updated who is preregistered since Feb. but have your registered yet??:eek: Looks like it might be a small showing of SCs this year the way preregistration is going so far. :( Lets hope for more pre-registrations in the next month or so.;)

XxSlowpokexX
03-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Noone has told me....Mayeb I should post some photos of the BIG TROPHIES that we have comming........Hmmmpphhhhhhhhhh

Super XR7
03-21-2010, 08:28 AM
I am now registered for the event and have a room at the Calisle Hotel. Put me down for one hour of rock-em sock-em go carts. Let me know where to send the cart deposit.

Damon, any ideas for the dash plaque design? If we have an artist in the group and would like to design something nice and fancy, Corel Draw would be the best format.

Mike

XxSlowpokexX
03-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Mike I will look around. Im unsure right off the bat what we should do. :eek:

Super XR7
03-22-2010, 06:19 AM
All, give me some ideas and I will work on something. Keys things would be: 2010 Ford Nationals, SCCOA, Attendee, Carlisle, ????

Mike

XxSlowpokexX
03-22-2010, 08:36 AM
If we make something customized with the atendees name on it we will need to set a cutoff date and only those preregistering could get one..Which I think is fair.

Ideas are as you said or/in addition to Year for car, Membership #. Maybe Ill make a post for this in awhile. Im also in teh process of getting permission to use Carlisle events trademarks etc

Blackened300A
03-22-2010, 09:01 AM
MM.net makes dash plaques in black with silver font, the site logo and "Marauders at Carlisle" with the dates. I can find out where they get them. They made a ton of them for pretty cheap.
This year we are doing Beer Koozies as well. We can get 100 made with our logos for $120. We are going to give them out to the members who attend for free then sell them on the site for $2 each to re-coup any investmemt cash.

XxSlowpokexX
03-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Paul we have someone in the club that is making ours. We also have someone working on artwork for the tshirt design. I need to talk to you later about a few things. Ill give you a call

XxSlowpokexX
04-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Anyone else.....The time is approaching near. Will be posting photos of the trophies I will be giving out as soon as I pick them up!

Ken Seegers
04-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Anyone else.....The time is approaching near. Will be posting photos of the trophies I will be giving out as soon as I pick them up!

Damon,
Do you have any idea how many people pre-registered?

Ken

XxSlowpokexX
04-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Just put a request in. Unfortunately I dont think its going to be that much better..Do I need to do craigslist adds? haha

J dot Miller
04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
I had my hotel booked at Hotel Carlisle for some time now I finally registered my ugly 90 Anny SC as SCCoA for the show field.

You know, next year we need to negotiate a show field discount coupon code for SCCoA?
:D

Tim Groth
04-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Any one else get the Email from Val at Carlisle Productions to Verify Class submission? I took the plunge and told her 3 94 SC's would be present - talk about putting the pressure on me to FINALLY have my 94 5spd completed.

-Tim

ricardoa1
04-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Love to bring both cars but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for me.

rjgraul
04-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Tim,
I got the email from Val too. I still need to call to inform what class.

Ralph

XxSlowpokexX
04-15-2010, 12:30 AM
I didnt get no stinkin email???

rjgraul
04-15-2010, 05:17 PM
Damon,
Send me your email by PM and I will forward the email I got. It is to juch to cut and past plus an attachment.

Ralph

XxSlowpokexX
04-15-2010, 05:22 PM
Ralph....I already told Val what your car class is!....WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO PREREGISTER!!!!!!!!!!

Wardboy
04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
I got the e-mail too. Gotta call tomorrow to register for correct class. Any idea on the preregistered number?

XxSlowpokexX
04-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Ward the 93?...Ill contact Val for you

Wardboy
04-16-2010, 11:39 AM
Ward the 93?...Ill contact Val for you

Yeah Damon the '93. Thanks for contacting Val! I was talking to Pat Dipersia last night. Hopefully I can get him to come this year and to preregister.

DW

XxSlowpokexX
04-16-2010, 04:14 PM
YES GET HIM TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PREREGISTER!!!!!

I took care of all you guys class wise. SO dont worry

Tim Groth
04-16-2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks Damon

-Tim

rjgraul
04-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks Damon.........:D

Ken Seegers
04-16-2010, 07:34 PM
YES GET HIM TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PREREGISTER!!!!!

I took care of all you guys class wise. SO dont worry
Thanks Damon!!!!!!! You the MAN!

Rob
04-18-2010, 11:00 PM
I have my 89 preregistered, and the hotel is set up, after missing 2 years I'll finally make it back, now I just have to get the car together, hopefully the paint will be dry when I leave.

XxSlowpokexX
04-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Great Rob!

ricardoa1
04-19-2010, 11:00 AM
What time do people start leaving on Friday night. We have to start planning the Cruise. I know alot of folks dont plan on being there till Saturday but I think Saturday we are pretty booked.

Dammon put my name on there for a 60 min Go-KART I got two buddies so we will split the time.

XxSlowpokexX
04-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Rico. Maybe we should start a thread asking what time we all plan on leaving the site. A cruise to Hooters wouldnt be such an awfull idea!

rjgraul
04-19-2010, 06:26 PM
FYI- I plan on being there Friday AM and for the cruise.;)

Ralph

Wardboy
04-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Rico. Maybe we should start a thread asking what time we all plan on leaving the site. A cruise to Hooters wouldnt be such an awfull idea!

I like THAT better than my original idea! If chicks supposedly dig teal, I see an awesome photo shoot opportunity here!!! :D

Wardboy
04-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Ok, taking a good idea here and running with it...Hooters on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg is about 13 miles away from the fairgrounds taking route 11. Not sure what the dinner agenda was for Friday night...any thoughts?!?!

Kurt K
04-20-2010, 10:38 AM
If chicks supposedly dig teal.... :D
Chicks must dig Teal since I know three of you that own them:p

Ken Seegers
04-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Chicks must dig Teal since I know three of you that own them:p

Thanks Kurt.....your giving him a bigger head than he already has. :rolleyes:

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
TEAL FTW! Hey I think Tim may be bringing a teal car as well....Imagine all Teal cars..Wooahhhh haha!

I think that would be a great cruise and dinner..Plus the beer distributer is there as well!!

Wardboy
04-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks Kurt.....your giving him a bigger head than he already has. :rolleyes:

I don't know about a big head, but I do know about two big valve heads that showed up with the big brown truck last night!! ;) Damon, when you contacted Val about our classes, did remember to Ken's wish to be judged with the XR4Ti club!?!?! :D

Wardboy
04-20-2010, 10:59 AM
TEAL FTW! Hey I think Tim may be bringing a teal car as well....Imagine all Teal cars..Wooahhhh haha!

Teal cars surrounded by girls in Orange short shorts and White tank tops!! I likey!!!! Everybody chime in here about what time you guys would want to leave the fairgrounds and lets see if we can get a rough head count as well. I can then call Hooters and make reservations. Damon, what kinda beer do you want? My best friend owns a distributorship so I get great deals!

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I don't know about a big head, but I do know about two big valve heads that showed up with the big brown truck last night!! ;) Damon, when you contacted Val about our classes, did remember to Ken's wish to be judged with the XR4Ti club!?!?! :D

They said his car was to slow to be judged with them...I thought that was an awful thing to say:D

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Ok Family dinner at olive garden Saturday..Cruise / Hooters Friday?????

I like the idea right after show..That gives us time to then go home afterwards...Us older guys nap a bit...Then get our drink on!

Kurt K
04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks Kurt.....your giving him a bigger head than he already has. :rolleyes:Actually, I was implying that girls like them so much, they buy them :D

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2010, 11:23 AM
See Kurts 2.0L AR is now becoming an extension of his...And anything less is mere girly stuff..Add Teal to the equation and he goes crazy..Now what if my TEAl sc shows up with a 2.2 AR..Hmmm:D

Wardboy
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Actually, I was implying that girls like them so much, they buy them :D

I think everyone got that BUT Ken! :p BTW..Har Har! ;)

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
I think everyone got that BUT Ken! :p BTW..Har Har! ;)

Dude..Its true though..CHICKS DIG TEAL CARS!!!!!!! (so real men buy them!):rolleyes: lol

rjgraul
04-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Ok, taking a good idea here and running with it...Hooters on the Carlisle Pike in Mechanicsburg is about 13 miles away from the fairgrounds taking route 11. Not sure what the dinner agenda was for Friday night...any thoughts?!?!

I'm agree,:) sounds good.

Ralph

rjgraul
04-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Ok Family dinner at olive garden Saturday..Cruise / Hooters Friday?????

I like the idea right after show..That gives us time to then go home afterwards...Us older guys nap a bit...Then get our drink on!

Damon,
Take some vitamin D and skip the nap. :D

Ralph

rjgraul
04-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Teal cars surrounded by girls in Orange short shorts and White tank tops!! I likey!!!! Everybody chime in here about what time you guys would want to leave the fairgrounds and lets see if we can get a rough head count as well. I can then call Hooters and make reservations. Damon, what kinda beer do you want? My best friend owns a distributorship so I get great deals!

I don't know....Won't all those orange shorts clash with a Teal Car??? :rolleyes: :D

Wardboy
04-20-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't know....Won't all those orange shorts clash with a Teal Car??? :rolleyes: :D

I don't know...sounds like the Miami Dolphins Colors to me!!! :D

Ken Seegers
04-20-2010, 02:20 PM
They said his car was to slow to be judged with them...I thought that was an awful thing to say:D

I'll take care of you two teal girls!

Ken Seegers
04-20-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't know...sounds like the Miami Dolphins Colors to me!!! :D

loser team!!!! The best colors are midnight green, black, and white.......any guesses?????

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2010, 02:41 PM
loser team!!!! The best colors are midnight green, black, and white.......any guesses?????

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ricardoa1
04-20-2010, 02:58 PM
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFk1NRkl3Mm5IM2hHQVRtdD c4czduRHcAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ

Notice a pattern.... :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :p

Ken Seegers
04-20-2010, 03:04 PM
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFk1NRkl3Mm5IM2hHQVRtdD c4czduRHcAAAACaWQKAWUAAAAEc2l6ZQ

Notice a pattern.... :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :p

ok Rico.......your next!!!!! :p

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
ok rico.......your next!!!!! :p

now that was classic!!!!:d

Wardboy
04-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Rico,
Five minutes after seeing that post and I'm still LMAO!!! Nice!!!
Anyhow, not to detract from the obvious rants of Teal Envy being expressed here, :D but what do you guys think as far as a time to leave the fairgrounds Friday? 4:45-5:00 then Hooters at 5:30 to be safe depending on traffic?

DW

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Id say for a friday we probably would of had our fill by 445 or so....

And even if everyone didnt want to go to hooters....Its a great cruise idea!

ricardoa1
04-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Id say for a friday we probably would of had our fill by 445 or so....

And even if everyone didnt want to go to hooters....Its a great cruise idea!

Im down. That town is so boring that I dont really know where else to cruise down to. Not sure if there is some sort of boulevard that does not shut down the stores at 4pm.

Kurt K
04-20-2010, 04:57 PM
In all fairness to the Teal "crowd", if timing would have been different, Damon wouldn't own the teal car he owns, I would.

rjgraul
04-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Rico,
Five minutes after seeing that post and I'm still LMAO!!! Nice!!!
Anyhow, not to detract from the obvious rants of Teal Envy being expressed here, :D but what do you guys think as far as a time to leave the fairgrounds Friday? 4:45-5:00 then Hooters at 5:30 to be safe depending on traffic?

DW

4:45 or so sounds good to me. We will probably be well done by then and need to get out of the heat.

XxSlowpokexX
04-20-2010, 09:01 PM
In all fairness to the Teal "crowd", if timing would have been different, Damon wouldn't own the teal car he owns, I would.

IT ALLLLL COMES OUT NOW!:eek:

Kurt K
04-20-2010, 09:47 PM
IT ALLLLL COMES OUT NOW!:eek:
Yeah, but you have to admit I was completely forthcoming about how nice the car was when you were thinking about buying it.

ricardoa1
04-21-2010, 01:12 AM
I have a better idea. Carlisle Events hosts a 1/8 mile event on friday night. I think we can caravan to the track and park our cars in the same place. Then expectate and watch the races. The track is in boiling springs.

TAKE IT TO THE TRACK – FRIDAY DRAG RACE 101
Rookies and Veterans, Tune Up Your Drag Racing Knowledge

Drag Racing 101 is a seminar, held on Friday, for those interested in taking a trip down the 1320 (in this case 660). Racing takes place at the 1/8 mile, NHRA sanctioned track of nearby Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way. Conducting the seminars will be a collection of drag racing’s most notable stars. They will teach the tricks of the trade that they have perfected over the years. It all starts on the Carlisle Events fairgrounds with a “chalkboard” explanation of terms, tricks and techniques required to have a good drag racing experience. Learning how to be competitive, for more experienced drivers, will be covered as well. Who knows, you may take home a trophy as the next drag racing star.
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/pdf/Dragway_Directions.pdf

I am not sure if we are required to take the seminar but a caravan to the track would be awsome, when they close we can then drive back and hit up Hooters or whatever.

XxSlowpokexX
04-21-2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah, but you have to admit I was completely forthcoming about how nice the car was when you were thinking about buying it.

Very true...That and the video he sent me of the car sold it to me. I really love how the mustang guys at car shows dont really want to go look at it....So they do a few walkbyes with the ole corner of the eye trick:rolleyes:

They cant admit they like a teal car!...With the twin screw and all the chrome you would think they would want a close up look.....haha

Rico not a bad idea for a cruise either....A two for one..I may just be completely conked out after all that though!

ricardoa1
04-21-2010, 11:38 AM
If I read it right, admission is free to carlisle registrants so why not. I think most of us enjoy a little racing action. And its LEGAL :eek:

I wont be racing but if other SCrs want to the go for it. I think this will make Friday night more exciting we have to agree on a time. I will call up the track to see what details are involved. Dammon stop thinking food or a bed just yet. Im sure they will have a conssesion stand there somewhere. But HOOTERS sound like a good place to crash later in the night. The more fun the event is the better the memories :)

For those that drove hours to get there on FRI take a nap inside your car or under the SCCOA tent. Leave the walking around the showfield for Saturday. ;)

Wardboy
04-21-2010, 01:23 PM
This sounds like an awesome idea to me, and should definately add to making the weekend more interesting!!!

XxSlowpokexX
04-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Quality is better then Olive GArden!

Tim Groth
04-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Catching up with this thread has been funny as hell. The plans all sound well with me. I started a new position Monday so hopefully my vacation planning is still managable also.

Just image this photo X 3 :D, we're going to look good rolling 3 deep.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_attachment.php?id=1095&attach_type=full

-Tim

Pat DiPersia
04-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Yeh. . . So I'm thinking about coming.

Anyone need a roomie? And no snoring (Yes, Kenny, you're out!) I'm going to assume this late in the game that the hotels are probably booked.

Ken Seegers
04-27-2010, 12:50 PM

Anyone need a roomie? And no snoring (Yes, Kenny, you're out!) I'm going to assume this late in the game that the hotels are probably booked.

Pat,
while don't you wait until June 4th????? Dave & I only told you about this in February!!!! You could stay with Dennis & Russ, they might have a bath tub that is not taken.

Wardboy
04-27-2010, 09:50 PM

Crash with us! Just bring earplugs!!! :) And I just noticed something...My signature is back up!!! Must be officially a member again after three years!!! Oh boy, does THAT need some editing!!

XxSlowpokexX
04-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Just want to aknowledge some behind the scene sponsors.

rjgraul is donating a full amsoil synthetic oil change.
SCP is donating some XX% off gift certificates

Spinning Wheels went all out.

Two sets of Split fire Wires
Thre emagnetic drain plugs
4 Liscenced Ford Racing Nascar Baseball caps
and a Felpro HS 9642 PT gasket set (89-93).

We may have more stuff comming but I need to re contact a few people.

These items will be either raffled to those who pre registered or given away along with the trophies for certain classes.

Again thanks to the above for helping make this year that much bette ran event!!!

(Also if you all know anyone else thats willing to donate to the cause..please have them contatc me!)

Thanks!!!

Damon

Wardboy
04-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Wow! That's awesome. Thank you to everyone donating to the event! Well, as the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day, but we're definately going to have alot more going on this year than we did last year.

XxSlowpokexX
05-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Picking up trophies next week:O)

Duffy Floyd
05-02-2010, 11:04 AM
I am pre-registered. XXL shirt please

SCTBIRD1173
05-02-2010, 07:01 PM
OK Damon, you'll be happy to hear that from your prodding and my friend's pestering I decided to bring the SC :cool:

I have preregistered in the 89-91 SC class under "Super Coupe Club of America" :D

Also my buddy was "supposed" to preregister today with his 94 SC but I'll call him now to make sure he did!

Shirt size large, and I still want to speak to you more about the go-karts...

Thanks!

XxSlowpokexX
05-02-2010, 11:41 PM
wooahhhhhh I will have to take another count of who preregistered this week!

Working on the tshirts..But keep getting let down by those offering to do a design..We may just hav eto settle fo rjust a SC on the shirt and not an SC and a cougar! Photos of trophies will be posted as soon as I pick them up!

gldiii
05-03-2010, 09:53 AM
If you pre-register by today (5/3/10) they will MAIL your showfield sticker to you and you can just DRIVE through the show gates and do NOT have to stop for the registration line.

So if you are thinking of going, get pre-registered today and avoid the lines.

Tim Groth
05-03-2010, 11:21 PM
Damon for my group I need a range of sizes since I'm bringing my fleet and also the family to get them there.

2 - M
1 - XL
1 - XXL
1 - 3X

Think that should do it.

Once again thanks for your efforts on making this events more than its been in a while.

-Tim

XxSlowpokexX
05-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Got ya!

I just hope we can gather some new people enthusiasm. Thats what we need!

The preregistration helps allot in letting Carlisle events know we mean buissness!

Damon for my group I need a range of sizes since I'm bringing my fleet and also the family to get them there.

2 - M
1 - XL
1 - XXL
1 - 3X

Think that should do it.

Once again thanks for your efforts on making this events more than its been in a while.

-Tim

rjgraul
05-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Damon,
Maybe you should relocate your first post on this thread to the end in case other members have not look at the first post to see if you have updated it. Just a thought.....:D

XxSlowpokexX
05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm MAAYYBBEEEE..You need to give me your info so like if people want to buy stuff from you....They can

rjgraul
05-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm MAAYYBBEEEE..You need to give me your info so like if people want to buy stuff from you....They can

PM sent with info.

ricardoa1
05-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Super 8 is running a 25% off promotion for a 2 day stay......;) So book with the promo and save...

rjgraul
05-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Super 8 is running a 25% off promotion for a 2 day stay......;) So book with the promo and save...

Of course. :eek: I have had my reservation there since Feb. Oh well. :( They must have a bunch of empty rooms they need to sell.

J dot Miller
05-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Just confirming everybody agrees that the best time for the Olive Garden Dinner is 8:00 PM Saturday!
:confused:

XXL shirt please

XxSlowpokexX
05-09-2010, 12:39 AM
8!...Word on the street is Dons commin

J dot Miller
05-09-2010, 09:03 AM
I heard that same rumor last year and the year before, year before and etc. Then no Don? More rush work for me. I do not believe rumors until I hear his voice on my cell... :cool:

Crash00527
05-09-2010, 08:01 PM
OooiceNIiiice... I'm gonna go on the 5th. So how much of a discount if we register for 2 people and/ or with sccoa.

KillSwitchNY
05-09-2010, 08:39 PM
So, this would surprisingly be my 1st time to Ford Nationals, after 6 years of having my mustang... also the 1st time to carlisle, ever :eek:. Damon, your page of pre-register info is a bit confusing. Is it still avail for pre reg, or should i just do my own thing and just show up to the show. I see that the carlisle website said pre reg was until may 3rd. so i missed that. Id be bringing a few people with me in my car but i dont know how they work it out. it says $40 for 2 people. god im so confused with this.

Crash00527
05-09-2010, 08:47 PM
+1. Kinda ditto. Is it too late to pre- register?

XxSlowpokexX
05-09-2010, 09:29 PM
yEs preregistration is over however you can still register.

If you put your car on the show field it covers you an done other person for teh whole weekend. So for $40 you get admission for two people for all days and parking because youll be on the field. Otherwise its 10$ per day per person plus whatever parking costs outside

Crash00527
05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Any idea how much parking is about?

XxSlowpokexX
05-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Up to 10$ a day..Mostly youll be parking in peoples yards...there is no reason if you are driving any type of ford to teh event that you shouldnt do the 40$ field registration., That gets you a buddy and your car taken care of for the whole weekend

Crash00527
05-09-2010, 11:13 PM
ok..but im only gonna come up for 1 day..is that still a better deal?

Bill Evanoff
05-10-2010, 02:02 AM
I pre-registered awhile ago so I'll be there.

Looking forward to it as always!!

SCTBIRD1173
05-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Damon/John,

I spoke to Don about Carlisle about 1 week ago. Told him about this AWESOME group we have going and he told me he was originally going to trailer his SVO there but now he'll bring the SC and cruise over with us...

As you said John... I'll believe it when I see it!

In other news... My buddy was over on Saturday with his porter cable buffing out my SC! This is only the 3rd car he has ever done with it and man does it look AMAZING! Can't wait to see her shine on the showfield!

Crash00527
05-10-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm going to register today. I'm trying to get pnyklr (chris) to go with me. Debating if we should stay 2 days or just go and come back just that Saturday.

do we have an SCCOA tent or an are where we are gonna be together..or are we gonna be spread out all over the place?

Crash00527
05-10-2010, 05:02 PM
add me to the list of going to Carlise YIPPEEE!! :)

just bought my ticket

can i still get a dash plaque and tshirt? let me know please

XxSlowpokexX
05-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I am going to get a final list together and see what Mike Tuck can do for plaques...WOrking on tshirts but I am still depending on someone for artwork...So we shall see..Ill take car of all this tomorrow!!

Crash00527
05-10-2010, 09:59 PM
awesome.... i need 2 Large tshirts.

KillSwitchNY
05-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I was thinking about the shirts thing. Im not pre registered so im out of that. but i thought to myself screw it, it would be awsome to have "KillSwitchNY" printed on the shoulders of a T like a jersey so i can get picked out by SC acquaintances (and enemies). and a t bird logo, i might get my friend to do it for me.

Dont be shy at the show now, ya hear?

Crash00527
05-13-2010, 08:49 PM
ha ..thats funny. you gonna go to any meets soon. pre and post carlilse?

KillSwitchNY
05-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Well as u know. Bellmore tomorrow, but I don't know of any other semi local meets. Keep me posted

Crash00527
05-13-2010, 08:54 PM
ill prob. come if it doesn't rain.

KillSwitchNY
05-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah and ill be at the ford nationals @ atco this saturday.

XxSlowpokexX
05-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Im still waiting on word for tshirt artwork. The deal is people preregistering get them. After the fact I can order some more for everyone else. So Im not leaving anyone out. Its just there is only so much I can front up front

Crash00527
05-13-2010, 09:36 PM
am i getting one since my name is on the list?

XxSlowpokexX
05-13-2010, 10:29 PM
If the shirts artwork comes through all the details will be posted..Im still waiting

KillSwitchNY
05-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Curious.
Ill be leaving for Carlisle the morning of Saturday June 5. Any other NY'ers going then? maybe a mini cruise there? Hell, i dont know where im going either so that would help out too! haha. Would be awsome to get like myself, crash, slowpoke, ira (know nothing about him going but just throwing it out there) and whoever else is in the LI/NY area. I was thinkin like Belmont Racetrack meet point or something?

Crash00527
05-13-2010, 11:35 PM
I def. Agree. I will also be leaving sat at 7 am. How about we all meet at a nj rest stop and take it from there??

Anyothers wanna make a plan?

No one answered my previous post regarding us having a tent at carlilse for sccoa, us just keeping eachother close or just being scattered all across the fairgrounds.

XxSlowpokexX
05-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Most guys bring thier cars and park in the field right where the tent happens to be...Also my group is leaving early Friday morning

Crash00527
05-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Oh ok. Kool. I'd leave Friday also but I have to work. I get out at 240 anyway. But still leaving Saturday morning.

Whose ever leaving same time as me, let me know so we can leave together if possible. Like a small cruise.

lube70
05-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Put me in for an XXL and can't make the go carts (bringing my daughter and her friend with me) and promised a night out. Olive garden is ON!!!

Crash00527
05-18-2010, 05:16 PM
when are you going? fri?

lube70
05-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Friday early am leaving for the enchanted land!!!

Don

Crash00527
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm re-thinking my plan of attack. im debating about leaving maybe friday evening after 6ish...

ricardoa1
05-20-2010, 05:34 PM
I am leaving Thursday night. Or Friday before sunrise.

Im getting into trouble on the Go-karts I think I need an extra hour slot. If someone backs out or two folks just want 30minutes and split the costs, let me know. I got some friends that are just itching to go on the go-karts.

Ken Seegers
05-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Hey Damon! Where is the pictures of the T-shirts and Tophies?

Tim Groth
05-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Hotel has been booked after much putting off. Look forward to seeing everone in 2 weeks!

-Tim

Ken Seegers
05-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Hotel has been booked after much putting off. Look forward to seeing everone in 2 weeks!

-Tim

I can't wait either. I have been driving the black car around the past two days to make sure there are no issues (clam it wardboy!). I will be final detailing it over Memorial Day Weekend.

I have my preregistering sticker. Everything is pretty much a go.

Ken

Crash00527
05-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Nice. I can't wait either. Anyone leaving Saturday morning in lower NY area?

ricardoa1
05-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Getting there on mid Saturday is not such a great Idea. If you get there mid afternoon you will have lost any votes on the showfield from folks walking around. Once you get there you will be faced with washing your car at the wash area. Not fun. I would try to be there first thing Saturday and take a nap on the showfield under the SCCOA tent. Just my opinion. You will also miss the cruise to the local track and HOOTERs at night Friday. Most folks bang in early Friday night since they are arriving and are tired.

Crash00527
05-21-2010, 01:17 PM
That's the exact answer I was looking for. I was gonna leave at 4 am though. Hoping to be there by 7am.

My next question that was already answered was about washing the car. I'm gonna wax it obviously the day before. But do they have a detail section or a shop in the area or in the field. Is it really worth going there the night before?

ricardoa1
05-21-2010, 01:20 PM
The show does start on Friday but no you will just miss a few things that we tried planning this year. Most folks detail and go thru the mess of waxing and detailing on Friday on the showfield. But as long as you get there on Sat morning you'll be ok. If you have a prereg sticker you can get to the field early but if you need to preregister I think they open at 9ish.
And they have a wash area with some low pressure water hoses, Bring your bucket and all your cleaning supplies.

KillSwitchNY
05-21-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm psyched about the show. How do they feel about on field burnouts!? Haha

Crash00527
05-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Ha. That's funny. Hotel is already paid in advance their. Killswitch. You up fr leaving at 4 am sat?

I already pre-registered. But I don't have a window sticker. Just a tan entry card.

Wardboy
05-21-2010, 02:02 PM
I can't wait either. I have been driving the black car around the past two days to make sure there are no issues (clam it wardboy!). I will be final detailing it over Memorial Day Weekend.

Ken

LOL, I say nothing...but wait for it!!! :D I'm all ready to go minus thoroughly detailing the car, which sounds like the perfect thing to do with a few brews on Memorial Day! God I don't want to jinx it, but it's so nice that preparing for Carlisle this year doesn't involve rushing to get the car back together in time!!!

Ken Seegers
05-21-2010, 02:33 PM
God I don't want to jinx it, but it's so nice that preparing for Carlisle this year doesn't involve rushing to get the car back together in time!!!

Tell me about it!

ricardoa1
05-21-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm psyched about the show. How do they feel about on field burnouts!? Haha

There is a burnout contest if you feel like it got what it takes. :D

Wardboy
05-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Tell me about it!

What does you're schedule look like for this weekend and next slowpoke? You wanna take a run up here and pick out the best two wheels from the "donor" car?!?! Boy, I better start looking hard for a set of chrome Cobra R's, unless I happen to find a car sitting alone in the Hotel Carlisle parking lot with ROH Snipers on it!!! :D

Ken Seegers
05-21-2010, 03:04 PM
What does you're schedule look like for this weekend and next slowpoke? You wanna take a run up here and pick out the best two wheels from the "donor" car?!?! Boy, I better start looking hard for a set of chrome Cobra R's, unless I happen to find a car sitting alone in the Hotel Carlisle parking lot with ROH Snipers on it!!! :D

This weekend I don't know....Saturday is Reading Phillies, Sunday is unknown at this point. Next weekend is questionable. You have a better chance of getting chrome Cobra R's for free then getting a set of "a certain" ROH Snipers.

Wardboy
05-21-2010, 03:12 PM
This weekend I don't know....Saturday is Reading Phillies, Sunday is unknown at this point. Next weekend is questionable. You have a better chance of getting chrome Cobra R's for free then getting a set of "a certain" ROH Snipers.

Well I certainly know what I'll be searching the fleamarket for!!!

XxSlowpokexX
05-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Im the only slowpoke around here..ANd listen....Being noone sent me anything.....What do you think?...Its not final as someones plate is still showing

The front will have the sccoa logo. Hopefully next year we can get a better start on it. I had to many people flake out on me as usual....And in the end that only reflects bad on me being they just wither away into the background!

XxSlowpokexX
05-21-2010, 03:31 PM
ANd KEN..DONT FORGET MY PEDAL!!!!!! and that lil switch box thing attached to it if you have..the safe start switch thingy.AND THE 89 swaybay for the rear!!!

ricardoa1
05-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Im not feeling the Design... :( You should get the rear profile. 94s have the same fronts as LX's

Ken Seegers
05-21-2010, 04:04 PM
ANd KEN..DONT FORGET MY PEDAL!!!!!! and that lil switch box thing attached to it if you have..the safe start switch thingy.AND THE 89 swaybay for the rear!!!

I have it ready.....

Couldn't we have choosen a better car to be on the t-shirt. :rolleyes:

XxSlowpokexX
05-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Im not feeling the Design... :( You should get the rear profile. 94s have the same fronts as LX's

Unfortunately when I asked for photos. Guess how many I recieved....Take a guess? WHen I asked for help with artwork well.....

So I used the front of a car that looked stock...
As for teh earlier cars the lx fronts are same as on teh SC except for 89 I believe...Of course some SC's had SC on the bumper...But that was teh only difference...And not on all of them

Next year perhaps people will offer some nice photos to look through. I did ask!

I do however agree a rear shot would have been cooler. I didnt think of it though..Maybe next year we can get a rear shot of an 89-93. I didnt use a side view up front because I didnt have a photo of a stock sc from the side. I wasnt going to steal anyones.

WHat I really wanted was a cougar and an sc...But that didnt work out....I had someone to do it but they flaked....

Soo if someone wants to jump to the plate and do something for next year.....Start now and send me some photos and or designs! It isnt all that easy to put this together and honestly I didnt think Id get anything in time for a shirt.

So step up to the plate and create!

Duffy Floyd
05-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Damon,

Welcome to the club of "No good deed goes unpunished." :)

ricardoa1
05-21-2010, 05:37 PM
I gave my opinion, when you first asked. :p But good job on stepping up to the plate. Even though it was not a home run :D

Ken Seegers
05-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Unfortunately when I asked for photos. Guess how many I recieved....Take a guess? WHen I asked for help with artwork well.....

So I used the front of a car that looked stock...
As for teh earlier cars the lx fronts are same as on teh SC except for 89 I believe...Of course some SC's had SC on the bumper...But that was teh only difference...And not on all of them

Next year perhaps people will offer some nice photos to look through. I did ask!

I do however agree a rear shot would have been cooler. I didnt think of it though..Maybe next year we can get a rear shot of an 89-93. I didnt use a side view up front because I didnt have a photo of a stock sc from the side. I wasnt going to steal anyones.

WHat I really wanted was a cougar and an sc...But that didnt work out....I had someone to do it but they flaked....

Soo if someone wants to jump to the plate and do something for next year.....Start now and send me some photos and or designs! It isnt all that easy to put this together and honestly I didnt think Id get anything in time for a shirt.

So step up to the plate and create!

Damon,
I was under the impression you had the design to begin with. Maybe with the different cars this year can have pictures taken for next year's shirt. You should be able to get a XR7 Cougar at least.

Ken

XxSlowpokexX
05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
yah I really wanted a stock cougar and SC..I had someone who was going to hand draw one. This was after I got no responce from anyone..And then of course that fell through and with noone sending in photos..Well....

The shirts will always be black and white unless we spend ALLOT more on making the plates and it just isnt worth it. Unless I tak epre orders an dget enough interest. Color plates cost about 4 times as much.

If we can get a cougar and an SC photo this year that be sweet.

Maybe an 89-93 SC on one side a 94-95 the other with a cougar in the midle.

Im open for ideas. But I will need help. I have a tshirt connection but the rest....

Is there a preference on shirt colors...Black or white? I was thinking of producing a few extra and if people at the show want them it would help toward paying the overhead cost on them.

But I do have trophies...some raffle prizes and will have tshirts. If I dont loose money on teh shirts ill definitely do it again next year. The sccoa fronted me the money to pay for the plates and will be giving that back the minute i recoupe that cost. Also after this batch of shirts are sold if anyone wants some I can reproduce them at anytime. Also if anyone wants more then 1 the second one will be 10$ instead of 15$. Not looking to make a profit..Just to break even

Crash00527
05-21-2010, 09:44 PM
it all sounds nice. but the plate should definitely have the SCCOA logo in color in red, white, and blue as on the site.

how about having the thsirt the same. maybe add a ford racing logo on their somewhere.

Crash00527
05-21-2010, 09:48 PM
would anyone be interested in purchasing 2 black ford racing seat belt pads. 2 for $10 and a radio bezel for $20. ill bring them with me to carlisle.

Duffy Floyd
05-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Even if the red, white and blue SCCoA is only a website banner and NOT the actual SCCoA logo?

XxSlowpokexX
05-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Duffy,

Maybe ill do the website banner and in color. A three color plate wont be any cheaper then a 3 plate black white grey.

Maybe by next year we will have the new sccoa logo and some good photos from either Carlisle or the shootout that we can use. Looking for cougar/sc photo:O)

What do you think? logo or logo?

Crash00527
05-21-2010, 11:50 PM
i think that'll definitely be hot.

Wardboy
05-22-2010, 01:10 PM
Duffy,

Maybe ill do the website banner and in color. A three color plate wont be any cheaper then a 3 plate black white grey.

Maybe by next year we will have the new sccoa logo and some good photos from either Carlisle or the shootout that we can use. Looking for cougar/sc photo:O)

What do you think? logo or logo?

Damon,
I think the logo looks good. In previous years we didn't have any shirts; this year we do, with a teal car on them to boot!!! :D I somehow missed that you were looking for pics and stuff. If you wanted a decent rear shot of an 89-93, I could have sent you a better shot of my avatar.
I'll triple check with Seegers before we leave to make sure he has all of your stuff!!! ;)

DW

Crash00527
05-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Nooooooo. Don't change the logo it's perfect!

XxSlowpokexX
05-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Well we have a whole...year to makes things better once again

Did you guys happen to see this photo?

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114010

XR7 Dave
05-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Perhaps the club would be interested in getting some professionally done art work? It's not that expensive and it sure beats MSPainting a photo onto a shirt...

Sorry I won't be at Carlisle this year, but when I do come, I'd like a cool shirt to remember it by. :D

XxSlowpokexX
05-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Perhaps the club would be interested in getting some professionally done art work? It's not that expensive and it sure beats MSPainting a photo onto a shirt...

Sorry I won't be at Carlisle this year, but when I do come, I'd like a cool shirt to remember it by. :D

That was alledgedly occuring and then it fell through. And it wasnt mspaint lol

mellbutler
05-23-2010, 03:46 AM
I briefly saw something about needing photos of sc's? I'm a professional photographer and could take some...if that would be of any help. I have a 89 black pretty much stock sc.

Melissa

mellbutler
05-23-2010, 03:52 AM
ok, I'm a new owner but have been lurking on these forums for a few years...I know that the shoot out is the big meet...is Carlise also a large meet? What makes it differnt than other all ford meets? May consider going to show my new car.

Melissa

Crash00527
05-23-2010, 04:03 AM
Ok... I changed my plans. I will departing Friday evening around 430 pm. What festivites do we have planned for that night? Anything i can still get in on?

Crash00527
05-23-2010, 04:09 AM
ok, I'm a new owner but have been lurking on these forums for a few years...I know that the shoot out is the big meet...is Carlise also a large meet? What makes it differnt than other all ford meets? May consider going to show my new car.

Melissa

Carlisle is a national ford meet for all types of ford
vehicles. Mostly muscle cars and classics.

Supercoupe shootout is in tx I think. I just know it's way further lol

goto. Carlisleevents.com for more detailed info

Kurt K
05-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Carlisle is a national ford meet for all types of ford
vehicles. Mostly muscle cars and classics.

Supercoupe shootout is in tx I think. I just know it's way further lol

goto. Carlisleevents.com for more detailed info
Carlisle used to be the big national Super Coupe meet back in the late-90's and early 00's. There has been a little resurgence of attendance recently, although I don't think it will ever get back to the heyday where 70-100 Super Coupes would be in attendance.:eek:

The Shootout now appears to be the big national meet and has never been in TX. Last year is was in Muncie, IN and was in OH for several years before that. Not sure where it will be this year.

XxSlowpokexX
05-23-2010, 11:50 AM

Melissa

Melissa

The difference with Carlisle as oppossed to other all Ford meets is that its one o fthe if not the largest all ford meet anywhere. I am more into speed then show quality cars however Carlisle is an event all my buddies can attand be it entering thier stang, marauder or whatever. All my budies own Fords so its a great group get together where we can oogle cars other then what we own. ALso I do like showig my car..I'd like racing it to if I knew it wasnt going to break on me!

As far as Friday night I think we are going to go for the cruise from the showfeild to the races, then maybe to get a bite to eat afterwards..Then there may be some people getting thier drink on.

I think 2003 was the last REALLY big year for SC's with numbers fluctuating on the lower side since....

Crash00527
05-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Hopefully I'll make it there in time for the cruise but I kinda doubt it. How long do you think it'll take you guys to get out of there If it ends at 6.

Super XR7
05-24-2010, 06:42 AM
I am leaving TN early Friday morning with a arrival to the Carlisle hotel at ~ 12:00 pm.

Mike

Ken Seegers
05-24-2010, 08:10 AM
I should be up at the fairgrounds by 11-12 on Friday. It all depends on Wardboy and his slow sc. This week will be fixing minor items and starting detailing. I should be ready this year. No major work to be completed prior to Carlisle. :D

XxSlowpokexX
05-24-2010, 09:15 AM
At this point I hope my car makes it!

Mike are you going to be able to do the dash plaques?

Super XR7
05-24-2010, 09:33 AM
I have the material but no design; I hope to work on one soon which I guess will include the 2010 Ford Nationals and SCCOA logo along with the participates name. What do you think?

Mike