Back in the seat 2 weeks - already wrenchin' on her

Tim Groth

SCCoA Member
Gotta love whoever designed the motor mounts on these SC's - not to mention the direct effects of them breaking and taking out your power steering abilities.

Atleast this is what I am assuming happened the other night as I first listened to the power steering moan grow and now here we are without power steering.

Guess I'll do the full tune up and call it a day - first repairs on a $400 car, so I guess I can't complain to much, but I beleive this happens on every SC I own...you'd think I'd learn by now.

-Tim

Last edited:
Gotta love whoever designed the motor mounts on these SC's - not to mention the direct effects of them breaking and taking out your power steering abilities.

Atleast this is what I am assuming happened the other night as I first listened to the power steering moan grow and now here we are without power steering.

Guess I'll do the full tune up and call it a day - first repairs on a $400 car, so I guess I can't complain to much, but I beleive this happens on ever SC I own...you'd think I'd learn by now.

-Tim

Thats nothing, a head gasket turned into a complete rebuild for me. While i am at this might as well do! this kind of deal. Now its just out of hand. My motor mounts are also busted and I did not know, I did assume there were gone since this car looked unmolested when I was tearing it apart. So I guess the previous owners did good 122k and never had to do anything but change the oil. Then I get at it and look what happens......

I guess a Do work Son is in order for you Tim.

Wrenching on these cars is something I can do in my sleep at this point so its no big deal there just more comical than anything.

I figure while at it might as well do the plugs, wires, both mounts, new PS hoses and then install some teflon IC gaskets.

I have less into this car than a few monthly payments on my 06 Jeep so its not that bad when put into prespectives.

Again just comical at this point...:cool:

-Tim

I hear ya Tim. It's like we're in an abusive relationship with these cars, and we keep hoping that one day our love will make it stop beating us.

Back