XR7 Body parts

stangmangetsXR7

i need help I am looking for a left front fender, bumper,headlight brace and headlights. i call a local dealer and got a price of 1035.71 for all the parts. my question is anyone know where I can get parts cheaper and if I decide to get used does a bumper from a non cougar xr7, work on a xr7 ? well if anyone could help me it would be great.

parts,parts,and more parts.......

I am taking apart a 90 S.C. cougar as we speek. e-mail me at bruhn@execpc.com with what you want,now remember that I am in Milwaukee,Wisc. so anything big that has to be shipped will be coming from here. Where are you???....Rich

Dood aftermarket parts work just as well and the prices are as following (at least what i remember when i did my old SC)

Bumper - $300 (Thats dealer price)

Header Panel - $110

Fender - $70 (off any MN12 works fine Just might have to drill holes for the ground FX)

Headlight - $80 (dealer price also)

At the MOST it should cost you $500-600 with brand new parts!!

Just to add my .02,

junk yard fenders from any tbird or cougar - $35 no need to drill for the XR7 (no ground effects)
Ditto for the headlight brace - $35
brand new aftermarket headlights - $150 for the pair
bumper cover - any 89-90 Cougar is fine - $150

The LS bumper has a removeable chrome insert. Either re-use yours or get a roll of aftermarket filler for - $25

Now that was easy wasn't it?

I agree with xr7dave, junk yard!!! or just look in your paper for a cheap whole car. then you have all the little trinkets to go with it. there is an 89 cougar non sc in my local paper for 300 bucks...Bill

Back