power window

wesley89sc

my driver side window has stoped working so i pulled out the motor to check the gears and make sure it was spinning. Well it spins and seems to have good power and the metal gear the motor ataches to seems fine too but when I attatch it it sounds like it just spins but the window doesn't move any ideas on what the problem is?

Sounds like the rubber dampers inside the motor assembly have deteriorated. Check with yor local parts store. They carry just the gear/damper assy. Around 25 bucks if I remember. I seem to remember someone selling just the rubber parts, maybe check with ford parts.

Wes... did you actually take the gear case cover off of the motor and look inside? Your description sounds like the cams inside are shot. This is a very common problem.

well i opened it up and little blue rubber pieces everywhere so how do i get in there to change it i found the gear kit at discount for 32 dollars but how do i install it

Its been awhile, but I believe there is a small snap ring on the motor shaft that holds the gear in place. take the phillips head screws that hold the cover plate off, remove the snap ring and the rest should be pretty straight forward.

Back