Putting a 94/95 engine in my 90????

WisSCman

So I hope someone can give me a hand. I am completly redoing one of my SC's this winter and am now a little stuck. I am going to put a 94/95 reman. engine in becasue I happend to have one, but I need some help understanding the electronics of it all. I know the knock sensors are different and I think the cam position sensors are different, is that all? Ideally I would like to use my 90 wiring harness and EEC but I do have both from a 95 also and can swap if needed.

I also want to use a clutch and transmission from the 90. I actaully want to use everything from a 90 except for the block and heads. Does anyone see a problem with this?

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

Thanks Mike

Thanks for helping me find this. I did at least 10 different searches before I placed the post and couldnt find anything. Guess I am a little slow today. Thanks again.

On a similar note, what would be needed to put an earlier style motor into a 94/95? It seems that the crank sensor is the main hang-up, and the 94 motor is shot so the timing cover may be no good when I get it apart. If that is the case, can I run the 89-93 crank sensor with the 94 ECM, or do they put out different signals?

On a similar note, what would be needed to put an earlier style motor into a 94/95? It seems that the crank sensor is the main hang-up, and the 94 motor is shot so the timing cover may be no good when I get it apart. If that is the case, can I run the 89-93 crank sensor with the 94 ECM, or do they put out different signals?

No the 89-93 sensor won't work with the 94-95 ECM.

David

Back