PDA

View Full Version : Finally.....It's Alive...........

nickleman60
01-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Finally started up the black '94 after the monster cam install. Has a good lope but it's running pig rich, tailpipe fumes are strong enough to burn your eyes........:eek:

Roadhawg
01-24-2010, 06:54 PM
You go, Mr. big cam guy..........

frdlvr30
01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Congrats. If you start now getting in touch with Ed Clark. We may get a tune by the Shootout. Pinks is gonna be tight though if at all...LOL

nickleman60
01-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Congrats. If you start now getting in touch with Ed Clark. We may get a tune by the Shootout. Pinks is gonna be tight though if at all...LOL

LOL........you're funny........................:rolleyes:

I'll e-mail him tomorrow and see what's up, hopefully he can give me a tune in the next 2-4 weeks. I still need to finish hooking up the gauges, and If I don't have the Innovate wideband gauge/sensor in by the time he's ready to tune I'll at least have a bung welded into each header to help with the tuning.

frdlvr30
01-25-2010, 01:24 AM
LOL........you're funny........................:rolleyes:

I'll e-mail him tomorrow and see what's up, hopefully he can give me a tune in the next 2-4 weeks. I still need to finish hooking up the gauges, and If I don't have the Innovate wideband gauge/sensor in by the time he's ready to tune I'll at least have a bung welded into each header to help with the tuning.

I wouldnt take it till the wideband is in....

nickleman60
01-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I wouldnt take it till the wideband is in....

It's no big deal if I don't have the gauge installed, as long as I have the bungs installed on the header collectors so he can monitor it with his SCT hardware. E-mailed him a couple of days ago..............no reply yet............:confused:

frdlvr30
01-26-2010, 11:25 PM
It's no big deal if I don't have the gauge installed, as long as I have the bungs installed on the header collectors so he can monitor it with his SCT hardware. E-mailed him a couple of days ago..............no reply yet............:confused:

Like I said in post number 3....LOL Let me know when it is going to happen...and lets bring an extra set of plugs this time. And a gapper

nickleman60
01-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Like I said in post number 3....LOL Let me know when it is going to happen...and lets bring an extra set of plugs this time. And a gapper

I planned on installing a new set of 103's gapped at .035", same as now, at the dyno location before any pulls are made.

I ran the scanner on the black car yesterday and the only codes that came up were EGR, which is removed, and the code PCM ROM meaning I have a chip installed so that's good to know.

frdlvr30
01-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Yeah, you will get a Read Only Memory code if a chip is installed...Who has an OBDII scanner? Todd? Z? anyone?

nickleman60
01-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Yeah, you will get a Read Only Memory code if a chip is installed...Who has an OBDII scanner? Todd? Z? anyone?

Z has a scanner, I thought our cars were OBD I?

So with code 173 coming up on the opal frost car, bank 1 - O2 sensor - signal rich, does that mean i need new O2 sensors? It started running like crap the other day so I took a look at it, hadn't opened the hood for 2-3 weeks, and found, to start with, that my serpentine belt was partially shredded, my sc belt had almost rubbed through 1 of the 3 crank sensor plug wires. I repaired the wire with just a butt connector, replaced the plugs, switched out the cam sensor and coil pack with the ones I took off of the '89, switched out the TPS and IAC with spares just trying to eliminate possible causes. All this before I had a chance to pick up the scanner from Z. What do you think?

Roadhawg
01-27-2010, 10:26 AM
The 94 exhaust manifold laying in my backyard has an O2 sensor in it.

nickleman60
01-27-2010, 12:07 PM
The 94 exhaust manifold laying in my backyard has an O2 sensor in it.

How about the passenger side downtube O2, do you have that also?

Roadhawg
01-27-2010, 12:15 PM
How about the passenger side downtube O2, do you have that also?

I believe they are the same O2 sensor.

nickleman60
01-27-2010, 12:18 PM
I believe they are the same O2 sensor.

They are but I want to replace both at the same time. What do you want for them?

Roadhawg
01-27-2010, 12:29 PM
They are but I want to replace both at the same time. What do you want for them?

You can have the one........the other has gone to the junkyard with the down tubes and cats.

nickleman60
01-27-2010, 01:21 PM
You can have the one........the other has gone to the junkyard with the down tubes and cats.

Can I come by this evening and pick it up?

Roadhawg
01-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Can I come by this evening and pick it up?

Sure..............................< periods added to increase letter count beyond 10

nickleman60
01-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Sure..............................< periods added to increase letter count beyond 10

I'll give you a ring later, thanks.

nickleman60
01-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Looks like the cause of my serpentine belt shredding is a bad power steering pump shaft. You can move the pulley in and out about 1/4" so I'm sure that's enough to throw it off track. It's also whining like heck.

Roadhawg
01-28-2010, 06:26 PM
Looks like the cause of my serpentine belt shredding is a bad power steering pump shaft. You can move the pulley in and out about 1/4" so I'm sure that's enough to throw it off track. It's also whining like heck.

At least you found what was eating your belts

frdlvr30
01-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Some play is normal. Not 1/4" though...

nickleman60
01-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Some play is normal. Not 1/4" though...

Yeah, I agree. I've installed a couple of new pumps in the past and they had just a little play. Nothing else looks out of whack so I'll replace it and see how it goes. At least I have 1 more almost new serpentine belt that came off my black car when I did the ac delete. Then I'll change the O2 sensor and scan it again for codes.